We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gotta start somewhere - Tour Company?

Stuck in North Texas
Level Contributor
759 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Gotta start somewhere - Tour Company?

I have never seen such a plethora of Tour Companies! Is there a sticky where there are some recommended on this Forum?

We're in the last stages of planning our trip to Cairo (leave in 5 weeks) so I don't have the time I wish to research for our trip to India in April/May. We want to do the Golden Triangle, plus another week in Southern India, including places such as Rajasthan, Udaipur, Juipar, Jodhphar, Jaisalmer

I'd appreciate any help finding the helpful posts that I need to read. I have only read through tour agency offers (and got totally confused)

There are 2 of us (seniors) and have about 2 weeks, and thought we better go with a Tour Company for this although we have *NEVER* traveled any way but independently.....

Thanks for any help.

1. Re: Gotta start somewhere - Tour Company?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2008, 13:53
England
Level Contributor
234 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gotta start somewhere - Tour Company?

I'm going with a tour company in Jan - we designed our own route and chose our own hotels but we are using their driver. If it's not too late to wait I'll let you know how it went - understand you might want to plan before then though

Good luck

calgary
Level Contributor
116 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gotta start somewhere - Tour Company?

just based on the time you have- it would be best to have your tour/trip in india organized and executed by a tour company/travel agency.

if you need the name of a local (within india) tour company/travel agency let me know.

most probably you will end up driving all through rajashtan and perhaps training it to the south (if you want to experience that) or flying down- all time permitting of course..

safe journey!

Jekyll Island...
Level Contributor
249 posts
433 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gotta start somewhere - Tour Company?

Brahmama,

We depart on 29 March for our trip to India. We booked with Vacations To Go, a tour company based in the UK. They subcontract with a local company in Delhi. We booked a private car and driver for our tour of Rajastan, including all the places you mentioned. We end our trip flyiing down to Mumbai for 2 days. Check them out, we found their prices very comparable to other companies. We plan on documenting our travels here once we return.

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,187 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gotta start somewhere - Tour Company?

A bit late to answer someone who asked this Q in November but for the record why not outsource the trip directly to someone in Rajasthan rather than through a UK agent? For Rajasthan tour operaotrs, look at the Rajasthan Association of Tour Operaotrs website - www.ratorajasthan.org

Chicago
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Gotta start somewhere - Tour Company?

We also thought it would be best to use a tour company and ended up choosing Easy Tours of India. They were, however, over the top expensive. We were happy with the ground people in India, but the trip planning and lack of help prior to the trip was disappointing to say the least. Would definately recommend using another tour operator. You will save money and have a better trip.

7. Re: Gotta start somewhere - Tour Company?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 18:15