We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inernational Terminal 2 to Domestic Terminal 1Transfer

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Little Rock...
Level Contributor
1,967 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Inernational Terminal 2 to Domestic Terminal 1Transfer

We have somewhat tight connections. What is consistently the fastest transfer method for time between terminals? Taxi? or Lufthansa bus or terminal buses?

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,607 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inernational Terminal 2 to Domestic Terminal 1Transfer

Dear arkyelephantlovers, What are your timings ?

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
1,967 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inernational Terminal 2 to Domestic Terminal 1Transfer

Our scheduled arrival at international terminal is 7:00am departure from domestic terminal is scheduled to depart at 10:15am.

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,607 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inernational Terminal 2 to Domestic Terminal 1Transfer

Yes ! It's really tight ! But you should make it.

After landing, give at least 1 hr for custom and baggage.

The domestic terminal is not very far from International terminal and both Lufthansa and normal Shuttle buses will take same time. See if you can tele check in or use the web check in on your local flight ! Which is your Airlines in India ?

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
1,967 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inernational Terminal 2 to Domestic Terminal 1Transfer

Thank you for your reply. Hopefully clearing customs and immigration will be less time since we will only have carry on bags and no checked luggage. Our internal flight is with Jet Airways. I will find out if we can check in by tele and maybe avoid the lines, but maybe will still need to be in line for security at terminal 1 and maybe to get a boarding pass.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
726 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Inernational Terminal 2 to Domestic Terminal 1Transfer

We made several transfers just recently between International and Domestic and vice versa, using the free shuttle bus. But be aware, although these buses are supposed to run every half hour, the checking in procedure and then trundling around the airport between terminals (an appreciable distance the route and speed they travel) can take the best part of an hour.

So if you are pressed for time, hiring a taxi would be quicker!

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Inernational Terminal 2 to Domestic Terminal 1Transfer

Taxi would be best option for ur transfers,in case bus take time to be filled..u can make it ,just 10 mins distance between terminals.

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,607 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Inernational Terminal 2 to Domestic Terminal 1Transfer

If you can do internet check in then no need for Boarding Pass queue also....Else do tele check in.

Since you have no checked luggage, You'll easily make it, since you can start custom clearance early.

If you feel delay, you may take Taxi else the shuttle will do !

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
1,967 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Inernational Terminal 2 to Domestic Terminal 1Transfer

Reply to Kundaliniyogi, I took your advice and called Jet Airways. They told me that they had a check in counter just after clearing customs and immigration. When I asked if there was a long line at that check in counter, could I do a tele check in?The representative said he didn't know and that I would have to wait until arrival to find out which seems odd to me. If I can do tele check in, after clearing security at the domestic terminal, does one just go directly to the gate or do we have to get a boarding pass somewhere? At the domestic terminal does one have to wait until our flight is posted before going through security? We just want to be sure of the routine so as to not waste time unnecessarily, especially if our inbound international flight would happen to be late. Thank you.

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,607 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Inernational Terminal 2 to Domestic Terminal 1Transfer

For all jet airways flights, you can do a Check in through Internet 24 Hrs. prior to your flight time. If your incoming flight has some lay over then you may do check in at that place also. Else, no option, but to do it at Delhi only.

If you check in at their counter in arrival lounge, they will generate Boarding Pass than and there.

Generally, Security Check starts 2 Hrs. prior to the flight departure.

Just to relax you, once I caught my Delhi - Bangalore flight, by reaching only 25 minutes before the scheduled departure (But I had made Tele Check in).

10. Re: Inernational Terminal 2 to Domestic Terminal 1Transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2009, 07:34