We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

golden triangle time-table /

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
golden triangle time-table /

How many days does it take to do the the Golden Triangle? I have limited time. Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur.....

What is the most efficient way to accomplish this? Hire a car or take the train?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
770 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: golden triangle time-table /

Read this similar discussion. The minimum time you should on this trip is 5 days.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g304551-i3482-k274…

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: golden triangle time-table /

Minimum time require atleast 3 Days if u stic with the following Rough itinerary :

Hire Cab on Disposal basis

Day 1 Delhi to Agra and Agra to Jaipur(6 hrs App) (Agra on the way 4 hrs app) Overnight Jaipur

Day 2 : Jaipur Sightseeing (Overnight in Jaipur)

Day 3: Back to Delhi (6 hrs Journey APP) can also do Some Delhi sight seeing on a same day and some next day.

Simple

Happy journey

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,616 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: golden triangle time-table /

3 days is too packed an itinerary. You won't be able to relish anything. Just 4 hours in Agra are an injustice to this city and it's heritage.

I would say minimum one day at Agra, Minimum 2 days at Jaipur and minimum 2 days at Delhi. So I am in 100% agreement with Dilli_Billi that you need at least 5 days for Golden Triangle.....

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: golden triangle time-table /

5 days is better option but can be done in 3 days if somone is short of time .

florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: golden triangle time-table /

My wife and I just got back two days ago from the Golden Triangle. You need only 6 days on the ground. We had a great driver/guide team. Based on your hotel desire(We stayed at Sheraton-New Delhi,Trident-Jaipur and JP Palace in Agra. You want to request Jaswan-Driver and Rakesh-guide. The contact is:Gaurav Kataria<mails@indiatours.org The basic tour cost with hotels was $1440. You pay air and incidentals. I'm doing you a big favor. E-mail him. We are the Florida couple you might tell him. Do not take a bus tour. I'll be writing up our recommendations elsewhere on tripadvisor. I just happened to see your question

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,182 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: golden triangle time-table /

Agree with Dilli Billi..min days is 5 days. In 3 days youre just doing the formality of being able to say..been there..done that

New Delhi
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: golden triangle time-table /

As per my experience also a 5 days are a minimum period to do Golden Triangle tour, that too in a private vehicle. If you wish to do this by train, then you should add at least one more day.

Golden Triangle lends itself to a car tour very well as the places are not very far and road connectivity is excellent.

Before hiring, checkout the vehicle, some small Indian taxis are too small for Westerners' build.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: golden triangle time-table /

Hi! I am just back from India May 2009 also. If you hire a car and driver as we did, you can be sight-seeing, shopping, eating, traveling, and on to your hotel 24/7. (No finding station and train, waiting for train, waiting for taxi, finding way around, etc) I used Icon India Tours for very low cost and excellent service. They are an India based Tour company that speak English. We had an AC van, driver and guide the whole time. We found them to be prompt, trustworthy, friendly and welcoming. They answered all my questions about sights and schedule and gave an exact price quote. North India has vast area and many details and it was very pleasant to have the company handle all of that for us. What we wanted to do and where we wanted to go where all that they worried about. I also used, with great success, Make My Trip--for India hotels and flights for price comparisons. India was an Awesome place and I will definitely go back. ENJOY!

Agra, India
Level Contributor
750 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: golden triangle time-table /

Couldn't agree more with Maya, Dilli_bili and npjai.....5 days is a minimum otherwise it's just gonna be a touch and run trip and hiring a car at your disposal is the most convinent for this circuit.....

Regards

Sunil

MaineUSA
Level Contributor
828 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: golden triangle time-table /

BBB

Here's how our previous trip was organized by SITA which was the local contractor for Pleasant Holidays.

Thursday Night - Arrive New Delhi(stayed at the Imperial)

Friday - All day tour of Delhi

Saturday - Delhi on our own

Sunday - Early train to Jaipur, afternoon city tour

Monday - Morning tour of fort, afternoon drive to Agra with stop at abandoned city.

Tuesday - all day tour of Agra - return to Delhi on evening train.

The next evening we took a three day side trip to Kathmandu.

The whole trip worked out fine for us.