We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

golden triange

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
golden triange

We will be going to Delhi in January 2006. Places we want to visit are Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. Would like any advice to help us plan our trip e.g how best to get from one place to next etc

Aberdeen
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: golden triange

Hi Jacqui5213,

My wife and I are just back from India, Nepal and Tibet. We booked a tour of the Golden Triangle through a Delhi tour company. This cost us around ��400 - ��500 for 3 nights accomodation, car and driver. We were suspicious of the legitimacy of the tour operator and had them checked out thorughly first before booking. We also confirmed hotel reservations they made before we set off. We left Delhi on 1st day and travelled to Agra where they had fixed up a tour guide for the Taj Mahal... a must since Agra is full of touts and the guide got us through all the hassle with ease. Also, expect large queues to get through the gates of the Taj Mahal if you don't have an official guide (although January may not be so busy). We did not stay in Agra (it's a bit congested/polluted in most parts) that night but had a 3/4 hour car journey to Bharatpur where we stayed in an excellent hotel which was a Maharajahs Palace with courtyard and swimming pool. The next day was off to Jaipur where we had the city tour and stayed in reasonable accomodation again with pool and all facilities. Then back to Delhi for 3rd night's stay but we opted out of the day tour since we had to head up to Kathmandu the next day for next leg ouf our Asia trip. I would thoroughly recommend booking a car and accomodation through a tour operator. Best bet would be to book through the official government tour operator. I believe they are at No.88 Connaught Circus (or something like that). You can check the address out in Rough Guides or somewhere. They seem to lay on a bigger car than what our operator provided and they do exactly the same stops for food etc and seem to use the same hotel accomodation as we were provided (i.e. Bharatpur and Jaipur).

Kevin (Aberdeen, Scotland)

Sunnyvale, ca
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: golden triange

hi I am looking for a tour operator myself for this golden triangle. I found may but non of them seem to be official sites.

Any one know what is the official site for delhi tourism?

Kev_Jacq1806, Could you tell which travel agency you used?

Thanks

-kal

Aberdeen
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: golden triange

Hi Kal,

The Delhi tour company we booked through was called something like 'Bridge the World' tours. They are not official but at the end of the day they provided all we paid for; A/C Car, Driver and Reasonable Accomodation. I think we may have payed a bit over the odds but we had very little time to set up anything and they seemed as good as any other tour company we checked out.

I just checked and the official tourist office is at 88 Janpath, just south of Connaught Place (www.tourismofindia.com). We couldn't find this office but didn't persist enough... we were very jet lagged and hot after arriving off the long haul flight!

The official tour office would be your best bet I think. When we booked through 'Bridge the World' we made sure to stay with our Visa card during payment and then re-confirmed all hotels the day before we departed. We had no problems. I think you would have more peace of mind going with the official lot though.

Kevin

London, UK
Level Contributor
504 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: golden triange

HI Ive done thisd many times, well three times to be exact with different people, and never through a tour operator.

First time by coach, second time by train and third time by car ( arranged by friends) and never through a tour operator.

The trains are a fast and easy way to do it and you get to see a bit more of India too. tickets are easy to get as there are special tourist booths in all the main stations, and all you need is a decent guide book and you're on your way !!

Sunnyvale, ca
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: golden triange

Thanks Kev & RocknRoll,

I could not find the 'Bridge the World' tours online .. I sent mail to 4 tour operators and the quotes are from 200 to 600 $ :) fo 5 days.

Can't decide if the Any of them are reliable.

From the past 10 days i could not find the official site for reserving this. I found one for just delhi tour but not the golden triangle.

Its a good idea as you mentiond to check with all the hotels before we start ..

Rocknroll, You mentioned you took a coach, Do you remember the name of the coach?

I guess i have to just jump in and take a chance .. scary ..

6. Re: golden triange

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2006, 22:34
7. Re: golden triange

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2005, 11:28
San Diego
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: golden triange

We've used Durjay Sangupta at Compass tours very sucessfully.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: golden triange

I did the golden triangle tour (with Bharatpur which was included as it falls on the way from Jaipur to Agra) in Oct of this year.

I used the services of

http://www.rajasthantourism.gov.in/

They were very professional, and excellent service overall.

I would highly recommend them.

I have posted some additional comments on this trip in another post where a mother and daughter are travelling to India. Please do read that. Thanks.

New Delhi
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: golden triange

You can tray one Travel Agency in New Delhi for your tour arrangements... for them you can check their website indiantravelcentre.com

they are 20 year old tour operator and have good arrangements.