We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Customised tours in Rajasthan

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
162 reviews
Save Topic
Customised tours in Rajasthan

Can anyone please recommend a very reliable and safe company that conducts private customised tours at reasonable prices in the Rajasthan area of North India. There are so many on the internet that without personal recommendations I don't know where to start. My husband and I have had several customised tours in South East Asia and prefer this form of travel We are in our mid-50s and still have a good spirit of adventure. We love to experience local culture by getting off the beaten track a little. We don't need luxury hotels, but would like to make our money go just that little bit further.

We would be leaving from Australia via Singapore around Christmas Day, 2010 and wish to travel for about 3 weeks.

Germany
Level Contributor
82 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Customised tours in Rajasthan

Hi,

i did a tour with http://www.oasistravelindia.com

I booked it already from Germany (travelling on my own) and wasnt quit sure what to expect.. But everything worked out fine! I arrived in the middle of the night, the driver was there and picked me up. You can choose between budget and high class hotels. Sushil, the owner, is very friendly and really tries everything to make you feel comfortable! Really can recommend this company!

If you need to know more, feel free to contact me!

UK
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Customised tours in Rajasthan

I really appreciate your decision of not staying in luxury Hotels, as just take a lot of money but local Hotel gives indian experience.

Cheers !

Clarck Sam

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
795 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Customised tours in Rajasthan

Indian Panorama!

You will find lots of recommendations for them on this forum. I travelled with them twice myself - for three weeks in Rajasthan; Delhi, Agra and Varanasi the first time, and for a month in the south just recently.

They are reliable and reputable in every way, and have actually just won the award for best incoming tour operator.

Come to think of it, I believe Faith Pandian (owner) started off the company in Australia.

Any information I can give you, feel free to ask.

Hunbille

Agra, India
Level Contributor
750 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Customised tours in Rajasthan

Just type "recommendation" in the search box above and you will find 100's of recommended tour operators......email a few and then you can narrow down depending on how satisfied you are with the suggestions and programmes offered.

Happy Traveling......

Sunil

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,265 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Customised tours in Rajasthan

It is always best to deal with an agent based in the destination you are going to visit. For Rajasthan, you should send out a query for a customised tour on the Rajasthan Association of Tour Operator website www.ratorajasthan.org..just use the query form provided

Udaipur, India
Level Contributor
241 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Customised tours in Rajasthan

Dear madam LRMcK greetings from kairanbATgmailDOTcom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As per my thinking you can make your tour like this .

Delhi-mandawa-bikaner-jaishlmer-jodhpur-ranakpur-kumbhal garh-udaipur-deo garh-pushkar-jaipur-agra-varanasi & delhi.

arive delhi in morning full day delhi

next day by road mandawa

next day by road bikaner with sekhawati

bikaner full day with camel briding farm+desh nokh (ret temple) fort,palace

old city for haveli

next day by road jaishlmer

jaishlmer full day with palace haveli send duens with camel ride

next day by road for jodhpur

next day jodhpur to ranakpur by road see jain tample then stay at kumbhal garh fort

next day see fort then after launch by road to udaipur

see full day udaipur with palace tample lake fort sajan garh

next day by road go to deo garh relax & walk in street enjoy local bajar with local public

next day by road pushkar & enjoy pushkar

next day by road jaipur

full day jaipur with fort palace lake & bajar (market)

next day by road agra on the way see fateh pur sikri, bird century at bharatpur

next day see agra with taj ,fort & more

in evening go to Varanasi by over night train

see full day varanasi

next day go by train or by fly to delhi & beack to home

thanks & regards

Somerset, United...
Level Contributor
719 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Customised tours in Rajasthan

Have a look at 'Onthego Tours' We have just returned from a tour of the Golden Triangle with them and found them to be excellent. I know that they have an office in Australia.

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
393 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Customised tours in Rajasthan

I am looking closely at Greaves India (based in the USA) at the moment but so far I haven't actually booked the trip. They do look good though. And the lady I am talking to is great.

Surrey UK
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Customised tours in Rajasthan

We have just returned from a tour of Rajasthan where we booked through TGS Tours in Jaipur. We had noticed the manager Nikhil Pandit and his company kept coming up no matter what forum I was reading and everyone thoroughtlly recommended them and I can see why. Their service was absolutely impeccable and Nikhil is a really interesting and well informed man. We really cant fault their service and prices and their recommendations! Please go read other customer reviews by typing TGS Tours into Tripadvisor and you will see how many people recc them. You will see my comments since our trip also.

Book with them and you will be in very safe hands. Have a lovely time.

10. Re: Customised tours in Rajasthan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 May 2010, 12:05