We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One of the most wonderful trip in my life

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
One of the most wonderful trip in my life

On March 2010 I was in India, Nepal & Bhutan with my mom and a friend of us. We hired a professional services agency in India called Travel Force, with our travel agent Duni Rana. He is one of the most extraordinary people I have known. This travel agency was the best selection and I think this is the best way to travel to India, with a real planning of your trip. I have had the opportunity, in my life, to travel to so many places in the world, but this trip was one of the most wonderful I have had. Duni, now, is my friend, he and his family. India is a great place to visit. I would like to share you all my experiences in India, Nepal & Bhutan and show you all my pictures I took there (I have 2,500 pictures, believe it or not). Every corner of the city, every detail of the people, of the streets, of the places were taken by my camera, with my eyes full of wonder and feelings. I have no words to describe that feelings. Now, when I see all my pictures, I remember, especially India, with all my heart. I think I will always love that extraordinary country, especially Duni Rana, his family and all his splendid culture.

Maidenhead
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: One of the most wonderful trip in my life

" I would like to share you all my experiences in India, Nepal & Bhutan and show you all my pictures I took there (I have 2,500 pictures, believe it or not). "

Hey AldoLazcano. Why dont you do just that ?

Write a trip report, add all 2,500 photos, and tell everyone, in fine detail, all about your trip. Dont leave anything out, especially any juicy bits.

I look forward to seeing the photos, and reading all about your trip.

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: One of the most wonderful trip in my life

Hi Elle Diablo. I do not do that because there are too many pictures and all the experience is too long to say. Tell me what you want to know and I tell you everything, about that, of course, if I have the experience.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,742 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One of the most wonderful trip in my life

Yes, a trip report with your opinion about different hotels you used will be helpfull for other tourists.It will be great if you post pictures. Otherwise some time people don,t take these recommendations seriously.

deepak

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: One of the most wonderful trip in my life

Yes, you are right, but I think if the people have some questions about something, they can ask. I can give them tips according with my experience in this trip, only that. If they need, photos, tourist and hotel information, interest sites or another kind of information, if I have this, I will give them.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,518 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One of the most wonderful trip in my life

I agree with Elle & Deepakji. It'll be nice to read a trip report and to know which hotels you stayed in and some other tidbits moreso because not a lot gets written about Nepal and Bhutan on TA.

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: One of the most wonderful trip in my life

Ok, this is the first part of my report.

I am from Mexico, if you want to visit India, Nepal & Bhutan you need visas. The nepali visa can be paid in the airport, when you arrived, it cost 25 USD. The visas for India and Bhutan need to be processed before (The indian visa was processed in Mexico for us, the Bhutan visa was processed for Travel Force. The Kingdom of Bhutan only give a few visas to permit the entrance to his country, about 5,000 visas per year). All my trip was planning for me, but I hired the professional agency services in Delhi, called Travel Force (my travel agent is Duni Rana, contactravelforce@gmail.com). They did and excellent work, without they this trip would not have been the same. I traveled with my mom and a friend of us. We arrived to Delhi, from Mexico City (via New York by a Continental Flight) on March 11th. The cities we visited was (in the next order):

India:

Delhi (Hotel Grand Park Inn)

Transfer by car to:

Jaipur (Hotel Gulab Garh)

Agra (Taj Home Stay)

Transfer by train to Jhansi, then by car to Orchha and:

Khajuraho (Hotel Usha Bundela)

Transfer by flight (Jet Airways) to:

Varanasi (Hotel Gem Palace)

Transfer by flight (India Air) to:

Kathmandu (Hotel Shanker)

Transfer by flight (Drukair) to:

Paro, Bhutan (is the only airport in Bhutan, then transfer by car to:

Thimpu (Hotel Phuentsho Pelri)

then transfer by car to:

Paro (Hotel Olathang Hotel)

Transfer by flight (Drukair) to:

Delhi (Hotel Grand Park Inn

Transfer by train to:

Amritsar (I can not remember the name of the hotel)

Transfer by car to:

Chandigarh (Hotel City Heart)

Transfer by train to:

Delhi

Depart to Mexico by a Continental Flight via New York.

The only hotel I consider is the worst is in Varanasi. There was dirty and the service was bad. The best hotels was in Thimpu, very nice hotel, clean, big, excellent service, excellent food and the best was in Paro, we stayed in a beautiful log cabins in the mountains. The most beautiful place in the world, peaceful, quiet, secure. The hotel in Khajuraho was excellent too.

If you travel by train in India, be careful in Delhi Train Station, because there are so many people who wants to abuse of you. The tourist can be victims of corruption, there are false tourism offices and all they want to do is get money from tourists. We were victims of this harassment, but fortunately did not get anything, my travel agent arranged everything by phone immediately. Buy the guide of India edited by Lonely Planet and carry it with you all the time, it will be very useful for the information it contains.

People in India drive very bad, they do not go too fast but they do not respect the signs, the other cars and the pedestrians. They touch the horn every time for anything. The most common sound on the streets and roads is: “…pi, piiiii, piiiiiiiii, pi, piiii.” All the cities are very noisy, except Bhutan, they are very quiet people. This kingdom is very respectful of the nature, eco-friendly, extraordinary place.

India, Nepal & Bhutan are secure cities, all of them, they do not eat meat, only fish and chicken. The food is good but it has so many spices, be careful with your stomachs. There are so many places to visit. In the second part of this report I will give you some interest sites to visit and some tips.

Maidenhead
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: One of the most wonderful trip in my life

AldoLazcano, thats great, I look forward to the rest of it too.

Now, you see, anyone who wishes too, can do this trip without the need for contacting Travel force.

Thats what TA is all about.

If anyone wants to do this trip through an agent, and many would ! . . they can go to Travel Force.

But not everyone does, me for instance. I can now pick out of your itinerary the bits I like, and book the flights, hotels, etc, myself, and at half the cost usually.

I look forward to seeing all of those photos too dont forget !

Edited: 24 July 2010, 19:39
Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
299 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One of the most wonderful trip in my life

I am looking forward to hearing more. We are considering a trip to India on our own without a tour.

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: One of the most wonderful trip in my life

ElleDiablo, do not worry, soon I will post the rest of my trip.

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: One of the most wonderful trip in my life

I went to India in a tour but only for me, my mom and our friend. I planned everything of this tour, with the mentioned travel agency. You do not need to go with a tour group, only you an you wish.