We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My planned Itinerary for the 23 Days trip to India

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
136 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
My planned Itinerary for the 23 Days trip to India

I am planning to visit India in mid March 2011.

Following is the itinerary which I had prepared. Me and my wife are in our late 30's and relatively in good health.

I would much appreciatee if I can get some feedback and suggestions on my itinerary so that I can fine tune it.

DAY 1

Arrival in New Delhi at 6 p.m. Night in NEW DELHI

Day 2

Exchange currency at Connaught Place.

Take Train # 2412 Gondwana Express leaving Delhi Nizamuddin (Platform # 7) at 3.25 p.m Arrive in Agra at 6.50 p.m

(AC Chair Rs. 277) Night in AGRA

DAY 3

Visit the Taj at 6 a.m and hire a car and visit the Fatepur Sikhri, the Taj Fort and Itmad-ud-Daulah Take Train # 2965 GWL UDZ Express leaving Agra (Platform # 2) at 5.35 p.m and arriving in Jaipur at 10.15 p.m (AC Chair Rs. 341) Night in JAIPUR

DAY 4

Visit Amber Fort, the City Palace and Hawa Mahal. Take Train # 2965 GWL UDZ Express (Platform # 2) at 10.15 p.m to Udaipur (2AC Rs. 772)

DAY 5

Arrive in Udaipur at 6.10 a.m Visit the Lake Palace & the City Palace Night in UDAIPUR

DAY 6

Hire a car (TATA Indigo - Rs. 4,500) and drive to Jodhpur Via Kumbalgarh (spend 2 hrs) & Ranakpur (1 1/2 hrs) Expected arrival time in Jodhpur : 7 p.m Relax and refresh at Nirvana Cafe

Take Train # 4810 JU JSM Express from Jodhpur to Jaisalmer Departure : 11 p.m (3AC Rs. 444)

DAY 7

Arrive in Jaisalmer at 5 a.m Take a half day camel safari to the desert Night in JAISALMER

DAY 8

Jaisalmer sight seeing. Take Train # 4060 JSM DLI Express to Jodhpur Departure : 4.30 p.m Arrive in Jodhpur at 9.50 p.m (2AC Rs. 551) Night in JODHPUR

DAY 9

Visit the the Meherangarh Fort and the Jaswant Thada Take Train # 9223 Jammu Tawi Express to Jalandhar City Departure : 8.05 p.m (2AC Rs. 1,105)

DAY 10

Arrive in Jalandhar City at 12.45 p.m Take Train # 1057 Amritsar Express from Jalandhar City Departure : 3.00 p.m Arrive in Amritsar at 4.30 p.m (2AC Rs. 279) Night in AMRITSAR

DAY 11

Visit the Golden Temple and Jallianwala Bagh Take a taxi to Wagah Border to see the Border Closing Ceremony in the evening Night in AMRITSAR

DAY 12

Hire a car (TATA Indigo - Rs. 7,000) and drive to Srinagar (512 km - 12 hrs drive) Night in SRINAGAR

DAYS 13, 14, 15 and 16 - in Srinagar

Visit Sonmarg and Pahalgam on day trips

DAY 17

Kingfisher Red Flight # IT-3133 Dep : 1.00 p.m Arrival in Delhi : 2.30 p.m (Rs. 2,100) Night in NEW DELHI

DAY 18 & 19

New Delhi sight seeing

Take Train # 2448 U P Samprk Krnti Express from Delhi Nizamuddin to Khajuraho Departure : 8.15 p.m (3AC Rs. 702)

DAY 20

Arrive in Khajuraho at 6.50 a.m Visit the Khajuraho Temples Hire a taxi (Rs. 2,500) and proceed to Orchcha (178 km - 5 hrs) Night in ORCHCHA

DAY 21

Visit the Jehangir Mahal, Chaturbhuj Temple, Chhatris (Cenotaphs), Laxminarayan Temple, Ram Raja Temple and Raj Mahal Take Train # 2001 NDL Shatabdi from Jhansi (Platform # 4) to New Delhi Departure from Jhansi : 5.45 p.m (AC Chair Rs. 615) Arrive in New Delhi at 10.30 p.m Night in NEW DELHI

DAY 22 - New Delhi shopping

DAY 23 - Fly out of New Delhi at 7.05 a.m

I had prepared the itinerary in such a manner that almost all my train travel is done overnight and also I don't have to spend 2 consecutive nights travelling in a train. The following night after the train travel, is spent in a hotel to catch up any lost sleep and refresh ourselves.

I understand this is a very hectic and tiresome itinerary, but I would like to cover as many places as possible inorder to get the best value for the time and money being spent.

Please forgive me for this lengthy and detailed itinerary.

All comments, suggestions and advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Bhageer

I

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: My planned Itinerary for the 23 Days trip to India

Some changes are required in the tour, wll give you details tomorrow, as it is almost 2300 hrs.

Dawanti rana

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,634 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My planned Itinerary for the 23 Days trip to India

Your ity. seems perfact to me. Hope fully situation will be better in Kashmir when you visit that place. Nowadays there is trouble in paradise. This detail you wrote will be of great help to others.

Happy travelling.....

deepak

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
28 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My planned Itinerary for the 23 Days trip to India

My husband and I are planning on going to India in May/June for the same amount of time--possibly a little longer.

We are still planning our itinerary. Have you decided to go with a tour company or are you booking everything on your own? We are savvy travelers and, like you, can cram a lot into our days. We are not sure how complicated it will be to arrange things like flights on our own and other travel. What has been your experience so far?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My planned Itinerary for the 23 Days trip to India

Loves_Travel_CA: In terms of technology, India is as advance as the USA and most of the things right from air ticket, train ticket, hotels, car hires can be booked online.

You can have a look at www.makemytrip.com and experience how easy the things are for you.

However, availing the services of a travel company has its own set of advantages..

Happy travel planning.

Vivek

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
748 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My planned Itinerary for the 23 Days trip to India

This is a small detail, but why would you bring cash to exchange in Connaught Place and not just get rupees from an ATM? There is one at the airport even. And many in Delhi and every town with a bank, these days. And the exchange rates are usually better this way - at least where i do my banking (Denmark).

Have a great trip!

Hunbille

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
136 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My planned Itinerary for the 23 Days trip to India

Thanks Hunbille,

I am no sure how much commission my Canadian bank would charge for withdrawing Indian Rs from my Canadian $ account. I did make some inquiries in Canada, but no one seems to have used this mode of withdrawal.

Any Canadian who can shed some light on this ?

Thanks,

7. Re: My planned Itinerary for the 23 Days trip to India

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2011, 05:17