We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ranthambhore to Varanasi via??

Wales
Level Contributor
80 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Ranthambhore to Varanasi via??

For the final few days of my trip, I'd like to visit Varanasi. I am going to be leaving Ranthambhore on the morning of 26th Nov to return to Delhi and I can get an overnight train to Varanasi that night. I was wondering if it would be possible for me to travel directly (Ranthambhore to Varanasi) and take in another place en-route for a one night stop and break of journey and not return to Delhi?

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ranthambhore to Varanasi via??

Use a car/driver for Ranthambhore to Dausa (115 kms/ 2.5 hrs drive) and then accommodate in night train for Varanasi

Train time is 16:30 at Dausa to 08:35 at Varanasi, (Marudhar Exp. 4864) if you are ok with this schedule then you don’t need to go to Delhi only for Varanasi train

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ranthambhore to Varanasi via??

Yes, you can very much avoid going to Delhi to reach Varanasi.

The easiest route is:

Sawai Madhopur (the railway station for Ranthambhore) to Mughal Sarai Jn (the closest railway station to Varanasi for direct train.) (approx 15 hrs)

From Mughal Sarai, either you can catch a taxi or another train to Varanasi. It will take approx 1 hour to reach Varanasi by taxi.

The train on Friday i.e 26 Nov (5635 Guwahati exp) takes a longer route (22 hrs), so I would advise you to catch (2396 Ziyarat exp) on 25th Nov (Thu). You'll reach Varanasi on the same evening and will be better prepared for a boat ride at the Ganges next morning.

To see train between the stations, please visit:

indianrail.gov.in/dont_Know_Station_Code.html

Vivek

Edited: 29 August 2010, 14:15
Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,356 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ranthambhore to Varanasi via??

The logical stop is Agra, you can route your itinerary such that you do, for example, Delhi - Rajasthan/Jaipur - Ranthambhore - Agra - Varanasi.

Not sure what your itinerary is, so this question is difficult to answer in isolation.

- Deepa

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ranthambhore to Varanasi via??

It is possible!!!

There are one night-train(#9569) runs in Fri, 2 n-trains(#5635 & #8632) run in Sat and one n-train (#5667) runs in Sun respctively.

Otherwise, there is a train to Lucknow at 16:20 and arrive at 06:25 on;

1) Mon, Wed, Thu: #9037 ,

2) Tue: #9039,

In Lucknow, there are 8 trains to Varanasi between 07:00-13:00.

Edited: 30 August 2010, 05:29
agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,004 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ranthambhore to Varanasi via??

You can take train from Sawai Madhopur to Mughal Sarai that is app. 20 kms. from Varanasi or visit Bharatpur/Agra and direct train from there to Vranasi/ Mughal Sarai. For train details and reservation you can look at www.irctc.gov.in or www.cleartrip.com

deepak

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ranthambhore to Varanasi via??

The best answer=============#5

7. Re: Ranthambhore to Varanasi via??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2011, 05:15