We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What clothing items to pack?

CT
Level Contributor
852 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
What clothing items to pack?

I am an experienced traveller when I am on business (Europe at least once a month) but I need help re a trip mid October to 7th of November.I dont need advice re phones, meds ect but do need advice re clothes. We will be in Delhi, Rajastan, Mumbai and Goa. We will be doing standard tourist activities ie lots of sight seeing and will be staying at luxury hotels. I know others have suggested to bring very little and shop but I am not a shopaholic and really dont want to spend a lot time clothes shopping. How dressy at night?..I thought plack pants with nice tops. For sightseeing in Delhi and Mumbai, linen trousers. Will it be warm enough that I need at least 1 sun dress? Would appreciate your advice.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
37,434 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What clothing items to pack?

Yes, during the mentioned period, there will be warm in Mumbai and Goa. Even in Delhi and Rajasthan it will be hot in day time. So, pack the baggage accordingly.

Jaipur, Rajasthan
Level Contributor
264 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What clothing items to pack?

This the coldest September we have seen in many years at Rajasthan and its still raining at Delhi and Jaipur which is unusual.

Days would be around 25-32 deg and hence no need for woolens. Early mornings and late nights would be cooler and hence you can pack few woolens.

Rest your dressing plan looks spot on.

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What clothing items to pack?

Pathfynder is spot on !

CT
Level Contributor
852 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What clothing items to pack?

Thank you everyone. Now I just have to pack!

5. Re: What clothing items to pack?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2011, 04:17