We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

facilities for late night transit passengers at airport

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,006 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
facilities for late night transit passengers at airport

I shall be arriving in the early hours on an Air India flight from London, departing at 10am on a domestic Air India flight. I figured that by the time I leave the plane, go through immigration, pick up my bag and clear customs that I might have used at least an hour of the time to kill. What then though?? Not worth checking into a hotel and I wondered if anyone has first hand experience of the facilities on arrival at the new international terminal? I see that an international arrivals lounge is mentioned on the airport's website, but it doesn't seem to exist on the operators' website yet as I was going to book it online! If I leave the international terminal, will I be allowed into the domestic terminal at what is likely to be about 4am if I take things slowly? If I stay in the international terminal, is there a bar/coffee shop area where I can settle down with a beer or coffee and a good book for a few hours? Travelling solo and do not wish to end up stuck outside the domestic terminal. Do not want to book hotel as I figure I would only have about 4 hours in the room and would not sleep anyway! If it only it were daytime, I'd take myself into the southern suburbs and go shopping for a few hours!!

Thanks for any help and suggestions

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
149 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: facilities for late night transit passengers at airport

Hello,

At the domestic airport, you will not be allowed to enter before the "Boarding Pass Issue Counter" opens for your respective flight.

I am not sure about the services being provided at the terminal 3. But, I checked their website and they do have few eateries at arrival. So, I think you should not face any problem in spending few hours there. You can check the info at: www.newdelhiairport.in/shop-and-eat.aspx

Regards,

Pragya

New Jersey
Level Contributor
178 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: facilities for late night transit passengers at airport

londonraffles,

You should be able to stay on at the International Terminal until dawn. It has various facilities including eateries all around. It also has business class lounges (open 24 hours) that you should able to use for a fee. These lounges are quite comfortable and you pay on the basis of hours of usage.

I think you can enter the domestic terminal any time you want, provided you can produce the travel reservation documents. There are a couple of fast food joints at the front portion of the terminal, but the better ones you should be able to use only after you go through the security after having checked-in at the airlines counter that do not open until early morning (beginning around 5:00am depending on the flights).

You would be better off staying at the International Terminal until morning and then heading out to the domestic terminal a couple of hours before your flight. There is a shuttle service from the International terminal to the domestic one.

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: facilities for late night transit passengers at airport

hi try to find the bed like seats in the inter, airport if there still there and whatch the world go by..

4. Re: facilities for late night transit passengers at airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2011, 05:16