We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Corbette National park &Himalayas

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
255 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Corbette National park &Himalayas

I have 2 more questions.

1) Which part of Corbette National park I can visit end on June and where do you recommend that I can possibly see animals?

2) Where is the closet place form Delhi, Agra or Jaipur I can see Himalayas.

Thanks for the replies

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Corbette National park &Himalayas

Jhirna will remain open in June, where you can have Elephant ride which will cost you approx Rs. 1000 per person and and per Jeep Safari approx Rs. 1400/-

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Corbette National park &Himalayas

Jhirna is the buffer zone, so possibility of spotting a tiger is relatively low, however you will see many langoors (black faced monkeys), and may spot elephants too. It's an abode to over 400 species of birds, so you'll get to see many of them.

The closest place to experience Himalayas from Delhi is Rishikesh, which is the Yoga capital of the world just 5 hour drive away. You can also visit nearby Mussorie.

Vivek

Delhi
Level Contributor
514 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Corbette National park &Himalayas

Rishikesh would be a 5 hour drive,I would recommend Kumaon which is about an hour or two longer to drive to,but the views here are awesome.You can choose between Nainital,Ramgarh,Mukteshwar,Kausani,Ranikhet.

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,626 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Corbette National park &Himalayas

I agree. Kumaon side of Uttaranchal is more scenic and beautiful.....

For nature lovers - Kumaon Himalayas

For Pilgrimage - Garhwal Himalayas

5. Re: Corbette National park &Himalayas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2011, 05:18