We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Power Adaptor Options

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
62 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Power Adaptor Options

Seems like there is some confusion over which plug adaptors I need for an upcoming trip to India. I will be exclusively in New Delhi and am wondering do I need both GUE and GUF?

Bengaluru, India
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Power Adaptor Options

it depends which country you are from. however, may be this will help you --

www.google.co.in/images…

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,474 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Power Adaptor Options

In India we typically use the three round pin type. Most sockets do not have options for a square or flat pin.

Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,624 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Power Adaptor Options

If you have a universal world adaptor, you can sometimes have some success by using the European two pin adaptor in the bottom two of the three India socket holes.

The safest option is to get a proper Indian adaptor. The area available in the UK over the internet, after a bit of searching, I'm sure the same applies to the US.

staffordshire UK
Level Contributor
456 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Power Adaptor Options

beware the voltage in India is 240 and the US is 110 please check before use

5. Re: Power Adaptor Options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2011, 05:16