We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of Guide in Delhi? What is the normal range?

NY
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of Guide in Delhi? What is the normal range?

I was quoted 12,000 rupees for a whole day and 7500 for a half day. Is this normal? I was expecting half that, for two people. I want to pay up to get a really good guide as we have interests in History and Religion but not sure if this is commensurate with the best graduate students I can find. Any help appreciated!

Thanks

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of Guide in Delhi? What is the normal range?

Day Light Robbery !

melbourne
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of Guide in Delhi? What is the normal range?

Yep way to expensive.

Read up on the forums and you will get an idea of what to pay

worlds of one globe
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of Guide in Delhi? What is the normal range?

Are you ordering for a Volvo bus for one day ??

As this price for a guide with a small cab is way to high............just ask your travel agent for more options may be he is offering you Merc.

Anyways Happy Journey......just avoid those who try to rip you off.

Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,624 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of Guide in Delhi? What is the normal range?

As already said this is very expensive. For a standard authorised guide you can expect to pay in the region of 500 - 600 Rs for half a day.

We did however use the excellent Delhi Magic and the cost of the guide there was not disimilar from what you are quoting, but Parveen (the guide) was the best guide we have ever had. Head and shoulders above any other guide we have had in India. To some extent you get what you pay for.

Holland
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost of Guide in Delhi? What is the normal range?

I disagree Tim that is a rediculous price for a days guiding work no matter how good the guide is.

And I suspect said guide will see very little of that money.

University history professors won't earn that kind of money. To get things in proportion..

Holland
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cost of Guide in Delhi? What is the normal range?

Tim have you read this wrong or did you pay in the region of 12000 for a guide??? Twelve Thousand????

That's expansive even by western standards, I think there must be some mistake here mate.

7. Re: Cost of Guide in Delhi? What is the normal range?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2017, 19:22
Holland
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cost of Guide in Delhi? What is the normal range?

I hope it's a mistake, there a case for paying more for better service but this is just silly.

I wouldn't spend 200 Euro anywhere for a guide and certainly not in India.

9. Re: Cost of Guide in Delhi? What is the normal range?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2017, 19:22
agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,117 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cost of Guide in Delhi? What is the normal range?

It seems to be an extra 0 and may be a mistake. Please confirm with agent before you book the tour.

deepak