We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in Delhi

Uk
Level Contributor
346 posts
167 reviews
Save Topic
3 days in Delhi

Hi

We are thinking of having 3 days in Delhi in January, can you suggest a good itinerary? We would love to see the Taj Mahal but realise this isn't enough time to do a whole lot else outside of the city, Suggestions welcome, we are literally just starting to consider it! Thanks

1. Re: 3 days in Delhi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 December 2010, 18:35
New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days in Delhi

If you are here for 3 days, you can easily do a Shatabdi - SHatabdi tour of Agra to see Taj Mahal.

In Delhi you may visit:

Qutub Minar

Lotus Temple

Humayun's Tomb

Red Fort

Chandni Chowk

Jantar Mantar

India Gate

Lodi Garden

Safdarjung's tomb

Hauz Khas Complex

Akshardham Temple

Sisganj Gurudwara

Craft Museum

Dilli Haat

Toilet Museum ;-)

etc....

New Delhi, India
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 days in Delhi

You will be able to go to the Taj in less than a day! I recommend that you leave Delhi at about 1am IST get there for sunrise have breakfast and you should be back for lunch!

Use any taxi company and you will be able to get a car for around 3000 - 6000 rupees dependant on what kind of car you want!

Let me know if you need nay help getting travel to the Taj!

regards

Steven

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 days in Delhi

Starting Agra journey at 1 AM is going to be very very tiring and then Fog Days are also coming near... so the Taj at sunrise may not be possible even after making such a mad dash.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,052 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 days in Delhi

As Kudaliniyogi ji has suggested Shatbdi to Shatabdi is best option for you.Train Leaves New Delhi at 0615 AM and reaches back at 1030 PM.

You have enough time to visit all the monuments beside Taj.

Other wise u can plan overnight trip by Car leaving Delhi in evening for Agra spending night in hotel and then tour of Agra and back to Delhi in evening.

deepak

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
190 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 days in Delhi

1 st Day in delhi Take a full day taxi. Visit some of Heritage Monuments like Qutub Minar, Lotus Temple,Humayun's Tomb, India Gate, Akshardham Temple, Craft Museum, Dolls Museum if you are not afraid of dolls with over 2000 Dolls kept inside.

Day 2. Visit Red fort, Jama Masjid With a day In Chandini Chock Market exploring market and streets of old delhi. Visit Spice Market, Savour Delicious Jalebies, Try some of popular Indian food joints.

Day 3. Visit Taj Mahal Day trip - I think car hire is the best option provided if you are on budget. For elderly couple better is to take a car. On way you can visit lord krishna temple. In Agra you can Visit Taj Mahal, Agra Fort. If you want you can come to Delhi same day or if you have Flight arrange your drop at airport direct.

You should enjoy the mix of every thing. Many place i have not added since you may not have so much time. Otherwise there are more than 120 Historic sites in Delhi.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
307 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 days in Delhi

Agree with BNBNewDelhi recommendations. We did Delhi for 3 days in January 2010 (note it is cold and can be very foggy). Day 1 we did by ricksaw (100rupees) and walking. Saw India Gate, Humayoun tomb, Lodi Gardens, couple of other temples, Presidential Palace and Parliament then strolled around conought square to pick up a bottle of wine (alcohol is hard to find) and had a meal. Day 2 (using metro) was better as we did Askhardam (a must see), Ghandi's burial site, Red Fort, Chawdni Chook shopping district (fab experience), and Jamad Masjid Mosque. Old Delhi is awesome!!

Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
356 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 days in Delhi

I just got back from Delhi and I can highly suggest using some expert advice for planning. It is not easy to get around yourself but if you are like me, you dont want to travel with a group or a tour there still is a possible way.USING A LOCAL PLANNING COMPANY, I found it kept me out of situations that werent clean, unsafe as well as so challenging I would not have accomplished what I set out to do. I traveled with my 14 year old daughter...India can be tough and is not user friendly I think. I have travelled around the world once for 90 days as a budget traveler....India needs Indian advice. Email me personally if you think I can help you with some suggestions

9. Re: 3 days in Delhi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2011, 05:16