We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chardham Yatra 2011

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Chardham Yatra 2011

Hi all,

I am very confused about chosing a tour operator for my Chardham trip one is Southern Travels and the other one I have in mind is Kesari tours, I am from Australia can anyone have any suggestions please. I am planning to do the trip towards end of Sept 2011.

We like to have nice accommodation so any ideas would help us.

thanks

Agra Day Tour Packages
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Discover India by Car
Day Trips, Multi-day Tours, Private Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Sightseeing Tours
When In India Tours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Reality Tours & Travel
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours
agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,073 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chardham Yatra 2011

I have heard about Southeren travels and seen there car and buses going around with tourists and is known company here but don,t know much about Kesari tours. You can book hotels of you choice on line directly and can look at reviews of hotels on trip advisor. You can ask opinion about a particular hotel on this forum also.

deepak

India
Level Contributor
117 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chardham Yatra 2011

Hello NWaves,

Chardham yatra in Sep !!!

You have enough time so nothing to get confused about.

The yatra (a spiritual journey), covering Gangotri, Yamunotri, Badri and Kedarnath can be covered centred on either Delhi or Haridwar/Rishikesh.

Safest option I think, would be to get a government run trip, through Uttarakhand government websites .

They have hotels in all the four places and being a government body, transactions are above board.

Try their website (Garhwal Tourism/ GMVN) . Post queries in case of hitches.

Cheers.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chardham Yatra 2011

Thanks all for your contribution. I will do more research

UK
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Chardham Yatra 2011

I did not heard about any of these two, But you can easily find good agency in the forum.

Cheers !

Clarck

India
Level Contributor
117 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chardham Yatra 2011

Hi NSWaves,

Quoting from outlook traveller, for easy reference' " The Char Dham Yatra season extends from May to November. However, exact dates .....(depend on Hindu calender). May-Jun witnesses the greatest rush of pilgrims. Monsoons (Jun-Jul) are difficult because of landslides. The weather clears from September , but review weather conditions even in September before leaving (page 231, Uttarakhand).

Uttarakhand Government tourism site is at gmvnl.com/newgmvn/touristbunglows/index.aspx.

Innumerous private tourist operators operate from Delhi as well as Haridwar.

Visit a few Indian travel blogs to get a clearer picture -[ indiamike.com] [ghumakkar.com] etc.

6. Re: Chardham Yatra 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2011, 15:10
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chardham Yatra 2011

Hi all.

After doing some research, I am thinking of going to Delhi and organising my booking there. Will it be hard to find good hotels in September 2011 say deluxe or luxury hotels. I don't want to book anything now as some of my friends did that from Sydney last year and ended up getting caught in the natural calamity. Paid hefty cancellation fees as well,.

8. Re: Chardham Yatra 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2011, 14:48
New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chardham Yatra 2011

GMVN has good packages for Char Dham Yatra.

A good private operator is Shubh Yatra, Rishikesh. They are quite good. You may check them out at www.shubhyatratravels.com

Skylark is another good agency there.....

Delhi
Level Contributor
514 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Chardham Yatra 2011

September is the off season for the yatra.The peak season is from May to June.This being a pilgrimage and since the area is abundant with natural beauty you need to take it slowly.Most of the tours organised are cannon ball runs rushing from one place to another.Besides the main temples there are a lot of places of interest enroute.Would help if you could read up on those.Places like the musk deer sancturary,Tungnath - Chandrashila,Vasudhara,Narshima temple etc.In my opinion would be better if you booked the hotels seprately and the cab seprately,would get better rates and the hotel bookings can be done online.Go through earlier posts here on TA in the Uttranchal forum and you will get a better idea.