We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I buy a prepaid mobile phone at the Delhi airport?

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
46 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Can I buy a prepaid mobile phone at the Delhi airport?

My flight arrives at 00:45am and I'd like to buy a prepaid mobile (preferably at the airport) so that I can communicate with the folks I'll be staying with in Delhi. I'd like to be able to use it in Mumbai as well. Plus, it'd be great if I could fine one that also works in England as I'll be heading there after Mumbai. Any information would be much appreciated especially if you have any info on pricing. Thanks.

UK
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I buy a prepaid mobile phone at the Delhi airport?

As per me you can get mobile card in airport and hopefully you can use mobile for that indian card, and you can use it anywhere in India, but not out of India. Airtel was the best but nowadays i thing all are good

Cheers !

Clarck

2. Re: Can I buy a prepaid mobile phone at the Delhi airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2011, 04:24
agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I buy a prepaid mobile phone at the Delhi airport?

I don't think you will get SIM at Airport.I have no idea. You may have to go to any service provider's shop and should carry with you 2 passport size photo, Copy of ur passport and also a local address.

New SIM card will cost app. Rupees 50/- and basic phone starts from Rupees 1000/- app.

and more for good ones.

deepak

Edited: 17 February 2011, 05:35
agra india
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I buy a prepaid mobile phone at the Delhi airport?

I don't think you will get SIM at Airport.I have no idea. You may have to go to any service provider's shop and should carry with you 2 passport size photo, Copy of ur passport and also a local address.

New SIM card will cost app. Rupees 50/- and basic phone starts from Rupees 1000/- app.

and more for good ones.

deepak

Edited: 17 February 2011, 05:35
Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
46 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can I buy a prepaid mobile phone at the Delhi airport?

Thanks so much for your help. Absent a mobile, I suppose there are pay phone at the airport. I'll open another thread on that topic. Thanks again.

agra india
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can I buy a prepaid mobile phone at the Delhi airport?

Yes ,there are pay phone at airport.

deepak

Agra, India
Level Contributor
669 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can I buy a prepaid mobile phone at the Delhi airport?

Good morning,

you need to carry a simple GSM mobile phone with you like nokia. you can buy sim at airport , to buy a sim you need to show your Id like passport,

regards

Raja

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
46 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can I buy a prepaid mobile phone at the Delhi airport?

Thanks everyone. This community is most helpful.

Agra, India
Level Contributor
669 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can I buy a prepaid mobile phone at the Delhi airport?

Good morning Mefui,

You are most Welcome.The Best cellular network services are :

1.Airtel

2.Idea

3.Vodafone.

regards

Raja

Edison, New Jersey
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Can I buy a prepaid mobile phone at the Delhi airport?

Airtel and Aircel are the two providers who gives you SIM at the Airport.

On google.com, if you type 'delhi airport cell phone' there is service that talks about giving cell phone and SIM card if you apply with them 72 hours in advance of your travel to Delhi.

The challenge with getting cell-phone at the airport can be address verification and the sevice can be disconnected if your local address is not verified.

Regards,

Navin Pathak