We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ramesh Kumar: Excellent Driver

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Ramesh Kumar: Excellent Driver

My husband and I hired Ramesh Kumar for two and a half weeks in March/April 2011. Our itinerary was as follows: Khajuraho, Orchha, Agra, Jaipur, Pushkar, Deogarh, Ranakpur, Kumbhalgarh, Udaipur. He also drove for us in Delhi for four days. He did airport pick-ups and drop-offs as well.

India is not an easy country to travel in. The roads are either in horrible condition or under major construction and there is an enormous amount of traffic for thoroughfares too small for the flow of traffic. To me, a westerner, the road rules are inexplicable. It seems like drivers do what they want, when they want. This includes honking incessantly, driving in all lanes in all directions on a four lane highway, and navigating within inches of other vehicles. In India, rickshaws buzz around like flies and Tata trucks rule the roads.

One must be a nimble magician to navigate them. Ramesh is this and so much more. Kind, gentle and accommodating he drives with focus and care. I always felt safe in his car. As an experienced driver, I knew he could handle any situation that we encountered.

He is also one of the nicest people you would ever want to meet. It takes hours to drive even the shortest distances in India and so we spent many hours with Ramesh. He is warm and funny. Always willing to share information and tips about his country or whichever site were about to embark upon visiting.

There is a lot of hustling that goes on in India. I always felt Ramesh was looking out for us whether he was driving or not. He always seemed to have our best interests in mind. He takes great pride in his work. He was always on time, the car was always clean and he never had a bad day! I highly recommend Ramesh. We didn't use his services to organize our trip, but I'm certain he would handle arranging a tour with integrity. That's the kind of person he is--honest, thoughtful and experienced.

You can contact him through his website www.letsgoindiatours.com

+91-9958675122 ramesh@letsgoindiatours.com

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,641 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ramesh Kumar: Excellent Driver

Thank you for the review; I'm sure this will be useful for other travellers planning to book their own hotels in India.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ramesh Kumar: Excellent Driver

Ramesh Kumar was assigned as our driver when myself and my wife travelled to India visiting the himachal and golden triangle. Ramesh showed good skills in driving and ensured our safety at all times. He has good knowledge of the areas we travelled and also gave us valueable tips on the cultures of the places. We ceratinly appreciate the advice given when visiting certain places of interest, which was valuable to us first time travellers to India.

He also has a good sense of humour and kept us indulged in conversation during the long journeys from one destination to another.

I recomend Ramesh Kumar to anyone who wishes to travel to India as a reliable and trustworthy Tour Guide with over 18 years of experience in the industry. He certainly has a much information that would help you in planning and arranging your tour. Ramesh can be reached on +919958675122

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
830 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ramesh Kumar: Excellent Driver

Whether it is spamming or not ?

To me it seems more like a personal recommendation, but ?

This is exactly what I like to see here on Tripadvisor.

Tips for getting around

Thanks for the info

I just hope that there are not 50 Ramesh's sitting in a Taxi office waiting for the phone to ring !

Colombo, Sri Lanka
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ramesh Kumar: Excellent Driver

To Orbis,

I read your response, to me it's not just a recommendation but also fact of what we experienced in India.

Certainly there can be 50 ramesh's sitting in a office in India, but to single out the person i have mentioned about, you can reach him on the links below. -

http://www.letsgoindiatours.com and http://www.privateindiatours.com

ramesh@letsgoindiatours.com

I have already planned my next trip to India with him as i am totally convinced about his experience.

Regards

SDR2427

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ramesh Kumar: Excellent Driver

Thanks for the info.

Srinagar, India
Level Contributor
238 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ramesh Kumar: Excellent Driver

Maximum of travellers whose experience has been nice with a car tour will surely write similar thingsabout the drivers. But ramesh can take only one guest at a time so he will get busy for almost all the time he is on the tour. But if you find he is always available then there are 50 Ramesh waiting at the same phone number.

Manchester, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ramesh Kumar: Excellent Driver

Ramesh was recommended to me by 3 friends who had had the fortune of travelling with him before, so when I was planning my trip to India for summer 2011 I was eager to get in contact with Ramesh for his help. The service he provided was flawless - Ramesh planned everything for us, asking for our input and wishes at every point and was very accommodating to all our needs. He planned an amazing itinerary and booked all the hotels for us before we arrived, which really took the stress out of the trip!

When we arrived in Delhi things continued to run just as smoothly - he has his own business and employ's drivers, and he and our driver were both at the train station to meet us from our train. The driver Ramesh sorted out for us was amazing - we felt very safe and cared for the entire 10 days and he really was an invaluable asset to the group.

I cannot recommend Ramesh's services enough - I am recommending him to all my friends and family, and will most definitely be using him again when I return to India next!

Contact him through his website:

www.letsgoindiatours.com

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,616 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ramesh Kumar: Excellent Driver

very much true mentioned by fayazahmad.....50 Ramesh waiting on phone ....

any Good luck to you and thanks to all 50 Ramesh

Manchester, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Ramesh Kumar: Excellent Driver

I'm sure there are indeed hundreds of Ramesh's waiting eagerly for your custom.

However, I am only giving one of them my personal recommendation - Ramesh Kumar of LetsGoIndia. This is in no way a con - it is a genuine recommendation.

Sydney, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Ramesh Kumar: Excellent Driver

Thanks for review.