We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary help...?? 2 weeks in November

Seattle
Level Contributor
576 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Itinerary help...?? 2 weeks in November

So I'll be going to India for about two weeks in November. I might be able to add a couple days but won't be able to spend much more time then that.

I'm going to fly into Delhi and fly out of Mumbai and am looking for an efficient route. My interests include the must see tourist stuff, nightlife and culture/people watching.

My initial thoughts are Delhi, Agra, Jaipur and then maybe other parts of Rajasthan. Initially I wanted to see Varanasi but I'm starting to think it might be too much for only two weeks.

After being in the north, I'm thinking about ending the trip on a beach in Goa and then in Mumbai before going home. I could potentially fly from the north to Goa or from Goa to Mumbai but only want to take one internal flight.

Thoughts? How much time should I spend in each place? Can't miss areas or sights? Best train options? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Agra Day Tour Packages
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Discover India by Car
Day Trips, Multi-day Tours, Private Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Sightseeing Tours
When In India Tours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Reality Tours & Travel
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary help...?? 2 weeks in November

Day

1.Arrival Delhi and overnight Delhi.

2.Departure for Varanasi in the morning do sightseeing.

3.Varansi boat ride in the morning and departure for Delhi in the after noon.

4.Delhi sightseeing.

5.Delhi to Agra.(Taj mahal)

6.Jaipur

7.Jaipur.

8.Ranakpur.

9.Ranakpur.

10.Uaipur.

11.Udaipur.

12.Fly to Mumbai.

13.Mumbai

14.Mumbai

Tour end

Or

Day

1.Arrival delhi and overnight delhi.

2.Departure for Varanasi in the morning do sightseeing.

3.Varansi boat ride in the morning and departure for Delhi in the after noon.

4.Delhi sightseeing.

5.Delhi to Agra. (Hire cab upto Udaipur on disposable basis)

6.Jaipur

7.Jaipur.

8.Uaipur.

9.Udaipur.

10.Fly to Goa

11.Goa

12.Goa.

13.Fly to Mumbai

14.Mumbai.

Tour End

2. Re: Itinerary help...?? 2 weeks in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 June 2011, 07:05
3. Re: Itinerary help...?? 2 weeks in November

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 June 2011, 07:05
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
95 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary help...?? 2 weeks in November

I think jaisalmer would be great place to add to your itinerary.

Santa Monica...
Level Contributor
72 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary help...?? 2 weeks in November

I just spent two weeks in northern India: New Delhi, all over Rajasthan (Udaipur, Jodhpur, Jaipur, Ranthambore), out to Jaisalmer, and Agra and Varanasi.

While planning, I knew I was planning too much in too few days, but you know how it is when you just don't want to miss anything. Now that I've done it, I know it was too fast, and at times I was really tired, but I also got a great taste of so many different sights and places in northern India. I don't think I'd do it any differently.

So, all I'm saying is, if you feel like adding more cities to your itinerary, then do it. I'm glad I did. Since you list 'culture/people watching' as one of your interests, you'll find the train stations & trains are theaters for that! You'll also experience it if you travel by car/driver, as you can stop whenever, where ever you want; get out and talk to people, interact, etc.

Edited: 30 May 2011, 01:46
agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,078 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary help...?? 2 weeks in November

Guide_Paul has given good suggestion and you can decide how to travel between the cities.

deepak

7. Re: Itinerary help...?? 2 weeks in November

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2012, 07:16