We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel agent/tourism company

brisbane
Level Contributor
71 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
travel agent/tourism company

We are travelling to India in September/October this year. Does anyone know of a company called Life Line Pvt Ltd in Delhi? we have been corresponding with them and they seem okay but would like confirmation from an unbiased source?!!

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,005 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel agent/tourism company

You check weather they are regisitered with Ministry of tourism Govt.of India or not at their web site.

deepak

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,315 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel agent/tourism company

I have not seen reviews on this site for Life Line so far, So I would suggest you ask them for a referral.

brisbane
Level Contributor
71 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel agent/tourism company

Thank you, Deepak, I did check. They do not appear on their website although they did scan me a copy of their registration certificate. Perhaps I am being a little sceptical, but in this day and age it is not hard to create such a certificate. I did look to see if I could email the Govt but didn't see any provision to do so.

Deepa, what did you mean by "a referral"? They do quote several feedback responses but none of these can be contacted.

Because I have been unable to get confirmation, even though they present very well, we would be spending quite an amount of money - money that we could not afford to lose.

As another check I looked up the web site of one of the Travel Associations mentioned as a member, but nothing appeared on their web site either. This is why I was hoping that a member of Trip Adivsor would be able to set me straight.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,315 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel agent/tourism company

By referral I mean a tourist who has taken their tour and is willing to provide a phone referral, so you can cross check and see if their tour standards are what you would be satisfied with. Having a certificate to show that you are a member of the tourism association is no proof of quality. And sorry to say this, but in a country ranked very high on corruption, I would not place too much faith on government quality inspectors or listings either...they are a useful indicator that your money won't vanish, that the organisation is of a certain size...but if you want a real opinion of service quality, ask another tourist who has gone with them.

Edited: 30 May 2011, 06:50
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travel agent/tourism company

I have seen many travel companies showing Certificate of Incorporation (COI), as a proof to win the customers trust. COI has nothing to do with quality of service delivered, it just tells the company has been incorporated under Indian Law.

Many companies give fake email ID and they themselves respond to those mail. So the best is to check the reliability over the phone.

Vivek

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: travel agent/tourism company

There are some good names you can rely upon them:

Delhi magic.

Swagatam.

TBI.

Le Passage to India.

I am shocked to know abt the kind of tricks they are using to trap tourist,fake certificates,it need to be probe.may i know there website address ?

Be safe friend.

brisbane
Level Contributor
71 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: travel agent/tourism company

I am sorry if I may have given the wrong impression. I don't know whether the certificate is fake or not, but am cautious because I have been unable to find any trace of them on the various organisations that they state they are a member of. It is easy in this day of modern technology to prepare fake documents. I would not want to offend this company by making firm accusations that may well be inaccurate. When so much money is at stake it makes one very careful of who one deals with.

agra
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: travel agent/tourism company

u can also check these websites.

These websites are worlwide known.

Toursbylocals.com,ourexplorer.com,privateguide.com.

Happy journey.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,005 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: travel agent/tourism company

To be on safer side you can del with companies mentioned on Ministry of tourisms Incredible India website or companies who are member of IATO (Indian association of tour operators) or agents very much recommended on these Forums. As u are on TA so go for agents recommended on Trip Advisor.

Contact 3-4 of them, Compare what they are offering and decide.

deepak

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
21 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: travel agent/tourism company

I hate to quibble, but actually, you can't deal with companies mentioned on the Ministry of Tourism Incredible India website. None of them respond to email. I also tried calling the Incredible India people directly to ask if they could recommend an agency here in Dubai where I live. I got a really rude lady on the phone who told me to send an email which, of course, no one responded to. I have tried to contact several agencies that I found on the web and no one responds. I give up. I'll go spend my tourist money elsewhere. India isn't interested.