We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip in Nov/Dec Taxi and Sari

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
3,513 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Trip in Nov/Dec Taxi and Sari

Namaste

I am coming to a wedding and for sight seeing to India.

I will arrive at 19th 00:55 and would need a taxi to the hotel.

I still dont have the name of the hotel as it will be booked by a friend

Any really reliable taxi company to collect a female traveller at this time?

Furthermore she and I need need Saris for us.

We are both XXL and we need especially a good taylor to make a proper Choli in big sizes. My friend had one made last year but the taylor had problems with the size and that she want a proper choli and also lined.

I got my salwar custom made last year in Pune and the taylor there was quite good.

Price wise not too high but I still would prefer a real silk sari over any fake silk or georgette etc

Since this is my first trip to Delhi, anyone knows a guide who can show me the sights shown in Rang De Basanti and Fanaa?

After Delhi we take then a train down to Lucknow for the wedding.

Shukriya

Delhi
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Trip in Nov/Dec Taxi and Sari

You are quite a bollywood fan - i am impressed!

Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
3,513 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Trip in Nov/Dec Taxi and Sari

I am watching all movies including or especially regional ones .

So I got DVDs not only from BW but also

in Telugu, Tamil, Marathi, Kannada, Malayalam but RDB is one of my favourites.

Edited: 11 July 2011, 08:42
13. Re: Trip in Nov/Dec Taxi and Sari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2012, 18:04
Edited: 19 September 2012, 18:04
14. Re: Trip in Nov/Dec Taxi and Sari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2012, 18:04
Delhi
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Trip in Nov/Dec Taxi and Sari

Places are Red fort, Qutub minar Delhi in Fanaa and Golden Temple Amritsar, modern scholl barakhamba Delhi, Archaeological Survey of India, Nahargarh Fort - jaipur, in rang de basanti

Delhi
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Trip in Nov/Dec Taxi and Sari

Try watching 3 idiots if you have not already. among others it has Ladakh as one of the locations (around the end of the movie). It is probably is one of the best and beautiful places to admire the beauty and the Aura of the Himalayas. One of the highest altitude places to Visit in the Himalayas. It may be just to cold in November at Ladakh but just in case you want to brave the weather or keep it in mind for a future trip - it would more worthwhile to visit Ladakh than Shimla.

Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
3,513 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Trip in Nov/Dec Taxi and Sari

@jitenwalia @SuneetSK @XTCINXS Thanks for your answers

I knew I had not enough time for the main sight. Will take the map and look closely

Of course I saw 3 Idiots already at my last visit in a cinema in Mumbai.

Not sure about Ladakh as my lung is only working 75% and cold and misty weather is really bad for my breathing and I am coming to India for the opposite weather. (^_^)

Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
3,513 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Trip in Nov/Dec Taxi and Sari

one other questions

Since I really wanted to see Amritsar I am doing Agra and Amritsar

together.which leaves me 1 1/2 days in Delhi before flying of to Vienna

Assuming I did all the basic sightseeing before going to Lucknow

any idea about a small trip outside of Delhi or anything must see

which is not in the normal program?

Delhi
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Trip in Nov/Dec Taxi and Sari

Maybe you could do "kingdom of dreams" if not already planned - has mixed reviews but i think you might like it as you like bollywood as it takes its larger than life inspiration from it. It is designed by duo who are famous for their Bollywood sets. Plus it has authentic food stalls from states across India.

Other possible options could be the Neemrana Heritage property at Manessar or the Pataudi palace.

Edited: 05 August 2011, 20:21
Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
3,513 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Trip in Nov/Dec Taxi and Sari

Maybe no Kingdom of dreams for me.

I visited already the film studios in Hyderabad and Bangalore and was disappointed. Better spend time in Delhi , exploring markets and go to the cinema in the evening.

Since I skipped Jaipur I discovered that I cannot do then Nahargarh Fort.

Putting on the list for next time then.

Another question is there any dress code I have to follow in the Golden Temple in Amritsar? I know you should cover your head .

Normally I travel in T-Shirt with 1/2 sleeves and 3/4 trousers or do arms and legs needs fully covered?

and I am still trying to squeeze Fort Sahnewal somewhere in my Amritsar schedule somehow. I think I just skip sleeping . I can do that at home.

While I was waiting for the bride´s parents to give us information about hotels in Lucknow I check myself some pages and none of the mentioned ones are really recommendable? Aren´t there any good hotels in Lucknow ? Here in Delhi it was easy to find one.

Must definitely come back again (^_^)

Edited: 09 August 2011, 08:37