We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip in Nov/Dec Taxi and Sari

Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
3,914 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Trip in Nov/Dec Taxi and Sari

Namaste

I am coming to a wedding and for sight seeing to India.

I will arrive at 19th 00:55 and would need a taxi to the hotel.

I still dont have the name of the hotel as it will be booked by a friend

Any really reliable taxi company to collect a female traveller at this time?

Furthermore she and I need need Saris for us.

We are both XXL and we need especially a good taylor to make a proper Choli in big sizes. My friend had one made last year but the taylor had problems with the size and that she want a proper choli and also lined.

I got my salwar custom made last year in Pune and the taylor there was quite good.

Price wise not too high but I still would prefer a real silk sari over any fake silk or georgette etc

Since this is my first trip to Delhi, anyone knows a guide who can show me the sights shown in Rang De Basanti and Fanaa?

After Delhi we take then a train down to Lucknow for the wedding.

Shukriya

Delhi
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Trip in Nov/Dec Taxi and Sari

T-Shirt with 3/4 Trousers would be good enough at Golden Temple. be prepared to stand in the line for a long period. expect pushing as well. But believe me, it would be worth it. try and do the lowering of the flags ceremony at the Wagah Border. if you have a day spare go to Mcleodganj - current seat of Dalai Lama. You may just get to see him. If you write and request now to the monastery you might even get to meet him personally - people do get lucky, i know a couple who have. but they did write 8-10 months in advance.

i don't know much about lucknow but can suggest or advice about delhi hotels if you need any.

Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
3,914 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Trip in Nov/Dec Taxi and Sari

@SuneetSK Thanks

Amritsar and the Flag ceremony are already fixed same with hotel in Delhi.

It was much easier to find a good accommodation in Delhi then in Mumbai where I looked quite for some time. I will just wait which hotel the bride´s parents chose.

I dont have time for Mcledoganj and for many other things.

So must return soon then.

Delhi
Level Contributor
362 posts
1 review
Save Reply
23. Re: Trip in Nov/Dec Taxi and Sari

For Sarees, check Nalli in south extension 1 for silk sarees, they can help you to get the blouse ( choli) stitched as well. I guess the rest information you already have. Enjoy!

Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
3,914 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Trip in Nov/Dec Taxi and Sari

I think I have now enough shopping addresses for several weeks (^_^)

aapka bahut bahut dhanyawaad

Now 3 months to wait till my departure.

25. Re: Trip in Nov/Dec Taxi and Sari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 September 2011, 19:35
26. Re: Trip in Nov/Dec Taxi and Sari

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2011, 03:38
New Delhi, India
1 post
Save Reply
27. Re: Trip in Nov/Dec Taxi and Sari

hi,

in delhi must see...

1- indian habitat center(RDB)

2-Purana Kila or ZOO(FANNA)

3-India GATE with president house(RDB)

then AGRA

1-LAL KILA

2-RED FORT

then LUCKNOW

1-BHOOL BULAIYA ---BADA IMAMBADA

2-RESIDENCY

all d best

28. Re: Trip in Nov/Dec Taxi and Sari

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 September 2011, 06:05
29. Re: Trip in Nov/Dec Taxi and Sari

Removed on: 26 September 2011, 06:05
Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
3,914 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Trip in Nov/Dec Taxi and Sari

Where did the removed messaged come from?

To all :my trip is booked.

I got enough addresses of restaurants and shops

All I have to do now get the last shots (still 2 to come) ,apply for the VISA

and the most difficult part what to pack in one suit case.

Counting my days till arrival