We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whats the best accommodation in New Delhi for under $30 USD?

Seattle
Level Contributor
573 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Whats the best accommodation in New Delhi for under $30 USD?

I'm just looking for a room for a night in Delhi (Oct. 2nd). I prefer that it be centrally located to the sites and backpacker type areas. I like good people watching, bazaars, restaurants and tourist sites.

I realize this budget might put me in the 'hostel' category and that's okay too. Just looking for my best options that would fit my budget.

Thanks!!

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,391 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whats the best accommodation in New Delhi for under $30 USD?

You will find semi decent accommodation at that price in the Paharganj area, its a backpakers area so prices are cheaper than the more upscale areas. Search the forum for hotels in Paharganj. You will be able to get a single room with attached toilet for that price if you look hard enough.

Edited: 11 July 2011, 05:55
Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,187 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whats the best accommodation in New Delhi for under $30 USD?

Stretch your budget a bit and stay at the Ginger - www.gingerhotels.com at New Delhi railway station

Seattle
Level Contributor
573 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Whats the best accommodation in New Delhi for under $30 USD?

Thanks and I've actually wanted to stay at these hotels as I have heard they are quite nice. especially for the price. Unfortunately, the Ginger Hotel by the rail station is booked on the night of Oct. 2nd. I'll keep trying to book in case a room opens up. However, they do have rooms available at the Ginger in East Delhi... is that too far from the sites and the rail station? Cheers!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whats the best accommodation in New Delhi for under $30 USD?

Check out this hotel comparison website, the cheapest options are on the first page:

www.comparior.com

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,187 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whats the best accommodation in New Delhi for under $30 USD?

Ginger only accepts bookings 30 days prior to date of stay..it can not be sold out now

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,626 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Whats the best accommodation in New Delhi for under $30 USD?

Right ! Try booking one month in advance, you may get a booking in Ginger. This hotel is unbeatable in it's price range....

Else you may look at Hotel Hari Piorko, bang in the middle of Paharganj Main Bazar !

delhi
Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Whats the best accommodation in New Delhi for under $30 USD?

There are few many options for the hotel in your budget.......look for these options pearl plaza, crown plaza, prince polonia, krishna cottage.....these are reasonable n well located on wide roads of paharganj.

Go for it n have a wonderful stay.........good trip.

thanks

Seattle
Level Contributor
573 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Whats the best accommodation in New Delhi for under $30 USD?

Ahhh, that makes sense. Thank you Npjai. I'll try and book something there right away when I'm 30 days out.

How far is the Ginger hotel from the Paharganj area? This would be the hotel listed as "Delhi NCR" on the Ginger website, right?

Thank you!

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,187 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Whats the best accommodation in New Delhi for under $30 USD?

Ginger at New Delhi Railway Station is this one - gingerhotels.com/Delhi-RailYatriNiwas/Hotel_…

10. Re: Whats the best accommodation in New Delhi for under $30 USD?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 July 2011, 06:35