We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a good driver in India ?

Madrid, Spain
1 post
Save Topic
Looking for a good driver in India ?

I just want to share a very good experience we have during our trip in India. I hope it could be useful for those who want to travel to this marvellous country.

Last week we came back from a fantastic tour through Rhajastan. We started in Delhi and drive through Mandawa, Bikaner, Udaipur, Joghpur, Jaipur and Agra in 12 days. It was a quite long trip by car because that's few days for many kilometers. Moreover Indian driving is quite wild and road conditions are bad. Fortunatly we have a very good driver called Ramesh Kumar who have many experienced in driving all over India.

Ramesh is a fantastic driver. He knows perfectly the roads, the traffic hours, the good way to go faster and the places to see. He always have good adresses to eat, to take photos or to shop. He was very available for us and we enjoyed travalling with him.

He took care of us and was always very available to show us the place to be or the way to act. Thanks to Ramesh we have a very good trip.

We left India with a new friend.

If you want to contact with him for a trip you only have to write him at ramesh5790@gmail.com

Do not hesitate to ask us for more information.

Marie-Anne & Carlos

Spain

Agra Day Tour Packages
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Discover India by Car
Day Trips, Multi-day Tours, Private Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Sightseeing Tours
When In India Tours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Reality Tours & Travel
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours
New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a good driver in India ?

Good ! Very Good !

Durban, South Africa
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a good driver in India ?

my family and i just returned from India (Delhi,Rishikesh,Haridwar,Agra,Jaipur,Udaipur and Mumbai)....after much searching and many imposters, we came across www.hiredriverindia.com and contacted them for the services of a driver and vehicle for our tour...Narendra Kumar (narendra_newdelhi@yahoo.com), one of the owners, was excellent in advising me on everything from hotels to hotspots and attractions and assisted me in revising my entire itinerary and was efficient in his responses and clear on every single cost aspect...there were no hidden costs, no lies...when we got to india, he gave us, in my opinion, one of the safest, most knowledgeable drivers i have ever met, Mr Magan Singh, who has such depth in his knowledge of India that no guide at any of the attractions we visited compared. He was gracious, pleasant, experienced and honest, which for me was most important as he saved us from being duped many times...the car that was provided was in excellent condition and even though India's roads and drivers are scary, we felt extremely safe in his hands...even after leaving india for dubai, he messaged to find out how we were and again when we reached South africa.....his service was so complete that he even arranged for each of us to get indian sim cards for our phones and got airtime loaded via his offices...i didnt expect half of the things he did for my family but i will be extremely grateful for the extra effort he made in ensuring i had one of the most memorable experiences of my life....

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
339 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a good driver in India ?

Thanks for the info!

Lyon, France
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a good driver in India ?

Je rentre tout juste d'un séjour de 3 semaines en Inde(uillet 2012). Je me suis adressé par hasard à l'agence de Kumar Narendra, et je souhaite le remercier vraiment car tout était parfait : l'organisation, le sérieux, le professionnalisme, la gentillesse. Nous avons passé un séjour de rêve grâce à lui et à notre super chauffeur Vijay. A recommander sans hésiter !

I just come back from a 3 weeks trip in India(july 2012). I found by luck Kumar Narendra's agency, and I want to thanks him a lot because everything was perfect : the great organization such as the serious. We had a wonderful trip thanks to him and our great driver Vijay. We recommand you without any hesitation !

Corinne, Philippe, Béatrice and Bruno, from France.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
774 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a good driver in India ?

Hi,

Internet and travel sites like TA and many other in diffrent languages,to day very very usefull for travellers and thease make travel very easy.

and A traveller on thease sites by internet can share his / her experince like as a review which is and which can be very helpfull for another new traveller.many travellers r doing very well all this.

but in other hand many travellers and peoplle ,r doing here only making publicity,advertising and like pramotion for drivers,with whom they have bussiness relation and also more close relations.so this kind of matrrial is not really a real and reliable information for new travellers,Kali yadav, Sonu Pandit,Bobby thakur,chahu,prem,ranjeet singh,Bal singh,dev,murli,Kisor thease few names r not only the names there r many more.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a good driver in India ?

Hi.

yes you r right publicity,advertising is not good.but how traveler catch new one?

if you provide good sarvice to your gust and gust is happy and he recomand some one is good to next traveler.how gust trust new one.beacus in india many cheating with tourist.i just say if you r best its mean all is best..

am travel many time my self in india.south and noth.i meet many driver and new traveler.but 55% tourist is not happy.45%say he have some old contact.thts wy i am happy with sarvice..its realy true.

7. Re: Looking for a good driver in India ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 April 2013, 11:35
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a good driver in India ?

Hi all,

I was wondering, when hiring a driver, what is included in the price? We don't have to pay for gas or the driver's meal & hotel stay, correct? Please clarify. Thank you!

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for a good driver in India ?

if you hire driver and car is including gas,and driver and driver meals and hotels stay.and also toll and tax.

thanks

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for a good driver in India ?

I have booked disposal car with driver means : fuel charge and toll tax, parking , and driver night charge and all includes on cheapest price and enjoy the trip without tension .............