We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels near New Delhi Railway Station

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Hotels near New Delhi Railway Station

I am looking a hotel to stay for 3 nights near New Delhi Railway Station (Pahargunj, C P, Bear Ginger etc.)

My first preference is Ginger hotel, but I have heard getting a reservation isnt easy. I was told by the hotel staff to try 5 days before check in date. That's a little risky.

So, I would like an option of hotels around 1000 rupees per night

(The last hotel i stayed at had small cockroach babies and mice , sometimes visible. I DON'T WANT that. And hit eater would be nice, cz it will be cold..)

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels near New Delhi Railway Station

The last line is supoosed to be:

And hot water would be nice, coz It will be cold, November second week

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
191 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels near New Delhi Railway Station

Did you try booking through their website?

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
191 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels near New Delhi Railway Station

There is a youth hostel, but its located at Chanakyapuri.

Non-A/C room is about 900/night.

Youth Hostels - www.yhaindia.org

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels near New Delhi Railway Station

TravellerExplorer: Youth Hostel is not near Railway station.

Try calling Ginger call center, that should work. Since it's peak season it's not going to be easy to get a decent hotel room with hotwater for 1000 rupees. Try Ajanta hotel.

Vivek

U.K
Level Contributor
6 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels near New Delhi Railway Station

You can try amax inn they are in your price rang check online .

Amritsar, India
Level Contributor
87 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels near New Delhi Railway Station

Hi,

Couple of my friends stay at Hotel Singh Empire Dx whenever Ginger is unavailable. This hotel is on DB Gupta Road, Paharganj and the hotel seems to be comparable and better than ginger.

Even next time I am going to stay there !

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels near New Delhi Railway Station

try the Balaji DLX which is very close to the main exit of the railway station just behind the Shiela cinema, most of my business associates(mostly gujrati's) coming in from Mumbai and Ahmadabad prefer to stay at this hotel

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels near New Delhi Railway Station

Ya.. I did try booking through their website and also tried calling them up on the toll free number of ginger. But they werent able to help because i quote "the reservation of yatri nivas ginger is done by railway " and they had no idea when i can book. The website always shows no rooms available.

Anyway, Thanks everyone . I will try Balaji DLX and Singh Empire Dx..

9. Re: Hotels near New Delhi Railway Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2012, 05:17