We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can I trust Cox & Kings India?

London, United...
2 posts
can I trust Cox & Kings India?

We have a Golden Triangle independent tour booked for next month through Travelbag, who used the Indian office of Cox & Kings to book on our behalf.

Having now read many bad reviews about the Indian Cox & Kings company, I'm anxious about our trip.

Does any one have any stories, good or bad to tell? about the tour itself and the Indian division of the company?

Many thanks in advance,

J

235 replies to this topic
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
108 reviews
1. Re: can I trust Cox & Kings India?

Don't worry ! You'll be in good hands...

Cox & Kings is a reputable company.

2. Re: can I trust Cox & Kings India?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 16 November 2011, 07:54

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
206 reviews
3. Re: can I trust Cox & Kings India?

absolutely- one of the biggest names in travel industries in india

they can be trusted undoubtedly

Italy
Level Contributor
39,684 posts
235 reviews
4. Re: can I trust Cox & Kings India?

I don't think you'll have any problems with them, they're one of the biggest specializing in India.

5. Re: can I trust Cox & Kings India?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2011, 13:21

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,976 posts
12 reviews
6. Re: can I trust Cox & Kings India?

With any company as big as Cox and Kings, there are bound to be both happy as well as unhappy customers, everything cannot run perfectly all the time. It is worthwhile to remember that people with complaints post online much, much more. So usually you are lilkely to hear fewer good stories and more bad stories. That's the nature of online travel chatter, so you must balance that in your head.

Deepa

Delhi, Delhi, India
8 posts
7. Re: can I trust Cox & Kings India?

I agree with Deepa. There is higher probability of people posting bad reviews than good reviews about a place. Cox and Kings is infact the oldest travel agency of the world :) and they have a very famous portal in India: ezeego1

Alappuzha, India
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
8. Re: can I trust Cox & Kings India?

Sankalp A,

Are you sure that Cox and Kings is the oldest travel agency.

I believe it is Thomas Cook. Corect me, if I am woring.

Suresh

Jaipur, India
1 post
9. Re: can I trust Cox & Kings India?

Suresh, Cox & Kings is almost a century older than Thomas Cook. And they are a bit costly as compared to some of the other OTAs and other smaller local agencies. However, being an establishment of repute and heritage, they offer only quality properties and therefore the "comparatively high" cost. Yesh, you can go for smaller, shadier properties and they will surely be cheaper. But compared apples to apples, Cox & Kings is not expensive. All depends on what you want.

Debashree

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,976 posts
12 reviews
10. Re: can I trust Cox & Kings India?

Debashree, for the same hotels that Cox and Kings quotes, I have seen much cheaper proposals from other operators, and I am not talking about very small ones. Cox and Kings is a big firm with big overheads. This definitely has a bearing on their pricing, especially when it comes to private tours where the economies of group travel don't apply. All the same as a traveller you have the comfort of knowing that the brand is behind you.

Reply to: can I trust Cox & Kings India?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted