We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

delhi departure tax info

nuneaton
Level Contributor
633 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
delhi departure tax info

Dear Cleartripper,

You have recently booked a SpiceJet flight with us. There have been some regulatory changes that will affect SpiceJet passengers from 01 December 2011 onwards. We would like you to have worry-free trip, hence request you to please act on the pointers below.

The Airports Economic Regulatory Authority of India (AERA) has mandated that effective 01st Dec 2011, ADF (Airport Development Fee) be levied on all passengers departing Delhi Airport as per following details:

For Domestic Travel - INR 221.00 / Passenger / Sector

For International Travel - INR 1434.00 / Passenger / Sector

The ADF will be collected for all Guests who have already made the booking for travel date on and after 01st Dec 2011. To help explain the situations where ADF is due to be paid, we give you a couple of examples below:

Example – Onward – DEL/BOM – 03rd Dec 2011 and Return BOM/DEL – 05th Dec 2011. The travel date is on or after 01st Dec 2011 and Guest will need to pay ADF before the outward journey on 03rd Dec 2011.

Example – Onward – MAA/DEL – 28th Nov 2011 and Return DEL/MAA – 07th Dec 2011. While only the return leg (DEL/MAA) qualifies for ADF, Guest will not be allowed to check-in for MAA/DEL flight dated 28th Nov 2011 unless the Guest has paid for the ADF in advance for the 07th Dec 2011 DEL/MAA flight.

The following options of payments are available to you:

Website – You can login on our website http://www.spicejet.com , retrieve the PNR and opt to pay the outstanding amount by your Agency Credit or Credit Card/Debit Card/Internet Banking. The process of paying the due amount is the same as would apply for a hold booking PNR.

Call Centre – You may call Spice Jet 24*7 call center at 09871803333 / 18001803333 and pay the applicable ADF by quoting the PNR. The available mode of payments can be Credit Card/Credit Shell/Voucher.

You can visit Spice Jet cash counter at Gurgaon (SpiceJet Limited, 319, Udyog Vihar, Phase – IV, Gurgaon between Monday and Friday 0900–1700hrs). The mode of Payment available will be Cash/Credit Card/Debit Card/Credit Shell/Voucher.

Alternatively, you may visit any of Spice Jet airport counters across India and pay the ADF amount through Cash/Credit Card/Debit Card/Credit Shell/Voucher.

Please be advised that Spice Jet reserves the right to off load the guests if the ADF is not paid before departure.

We advise you to pay the ADF well before the travel date to avoid the last-minute rush at the airport counter.

Thank you for choosing Cleartrip.

Regards

Team Cleartrip

*Terms & Conditions apply.

© 2006 – 2011 Cleartrip Travel Services Private Limited.

nuneaton
Level Contributor
633 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: delhi departure tax info

bump

london
Level Contributor
600 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: delhi departure tax info

thanks guys--i suppose i had better pay up then.

nuneaton
Level Contributor
633 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: delhi departure tax info

hi greywhiz,just to let you know i have received a reply from spice jet,you will have to pay 220rps,and if your booking is through an agent as mine is ,cleartrip you will have to pay throught that agent,hope this helps dave

Beijing
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: delhi departure tax info

Thanks for the info, how could i pay it throu Cleartip?canot find any place to pay for it.

london
Level Contributor
600 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: delhi departure tax info

hi,

i could not find a way to pay on line so i had to skype the spicejet customer services and paid by credit card.

good luck

nuneaton
Level Contributor
633 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: delhi departure tax info

hi just to let you know,that if you booked before19/10/2011 you will not have to pay this charge,hope this helps

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: delhi departure tax info

So this is only for SpiceJet travelers ?

nuneaton
Level Contributor
633 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: delhi departure tax info

its actually for all airlines .i fly to varanasi with spicejet and back to the uk with emirates who have also told me i will not have to pay

9. Re: delhi departure tax info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 07:42