We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips from Delhi with Delhi Tourism

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Clontarf, Queensland
Level Contributor
148 posts
312 reviews
Save Topic
Day trips from Delhi with Delhi Tourism

Hi, I have been looking at the Delhi Tourism website where very reasonably priced tours are advertised. Could anybody (if they have tried them) let me have any details on the services they offer, they seem very cheap!

My worry is the old adage 'If it seems to good to be true, it probably is'.

I was particularly interested in the Delhi Agra ! day tour. Any feed back would be appreciated.

Many thanks, Steve Paine

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
504 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips from Delhi with Delhi Tourism

Quality of service may not be good. Government operated things in India generally don't do a good job.

Use either HoHo bus introduced recently or Taxi. Taxis are not that expensive in India

2. Re: Day trips from Delhi with Delhi Tourism

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 December 2011, 12:35
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
353 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trips from Delhi with Delhi Tourism

HOHO Bus Service is cheap and Excellent when it comes to day tour but then it is limited to attractions in Delhi only. SInce you want to go visit Agra you'll have to take other option. Most of the time these, tour arranged by Delhi Tourism Dept. are up to their mark but the thing is you never know with government run services in India. I do use them for my travel around Delhi and I have yet to experience a glitch but most of my tours were not what you are looking for, that is, day trip.

There is a saying too that I like "You never know, if you never go" :-)

All the best!

london
Level Contributor
600 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trips from Delhi with Delhi Tourism

hi,

what is hoho bus?

london
Level Contributor
600 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trips from Delhi with Delhi Tourism

sorry ignore previous post had a senior moment!--what i want to know is where is the nearest point to board the bus to karol bagh?

cheers

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
115 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trips from Delhi with Delhi Tourism

HOHO at INR 300 is a reasonable option, run by Delhi Givt.

Other services, perhaps you could be more specific..

Cheers.

Clontarf, Queensland
Level Contributor
148 posts
312 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trips from Delhi with Delhi Tourism

Thanks Chandra81, you are probably right, maybe I should just try it. I will let everyone know how I get on. Thanks for everybodies replies.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,595 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day trips from Delhi with Delhi Tourism

HO-HO is an excellent initiative started by the Delhi tourism at the time of the commonwealth games 2010 and has been running successfully ever since and is one of the best ways to explore Delhi if you are alone

my relatives from London used the Delhi -Agra service operated by Delhi tourism and were very happy with the service especially because the bus waited around half and hour just for them as they were late in the morning

;)

@ greywiz- the nearest boarding point for the HO-HO Bus from Karol Bagh would be the office of Delhi tourism on baba khadak singh marg Next to the state emporiums near CP

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
353 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day trips from Delhi with Delhi Tourism

Pleasure is all mine sdpaine.

Do let us know how your trip goes. That will be a real time update for fellow travelers.

Wish you all the best for your tour :-)

Cheers!

10. Re: Day trips from Delhi with Delhi Tourism

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 December 2011, 11:05