We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

14 day trip- Delhi/Agra/Jaipur/Udaipur/Varanesi- hotels?

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
360 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
14 day trip- Delhi/Agra/Jaipur/Udaipur/Varanesi- hotels?

So I am planning a trip solo woman 55 years old, sme travel experience.

I want to book my own hotels and have a travel agent arrange transport, tours,

I would arrange my hotel and meals in the town

what do you think of this plan

I want to do some car, maybe some train a couple of flights (Udaipur to Varenasi- or shld I do overnight train)

Varanesi to Delhi- fly or overnight train

Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 14 day trip- Delhi/Agra/Jaipur/Udaipur/Varanesi- hotels?

I am a 56 year old British woman who has travelled extensively in India, especially Rajasthan, and woud be very happy to help in any way I can. I think it is a good idea to book all your hotels independently (I can give you some recommendations if you give me an idea of budget as I have used many) but strongly recommend you take a driver and car from Delhi to Udaipur and all stops in between. Then you can fly t Varanesi (possibly via delhi, I don't know the flight schedules) and then back to Delhi. Personally I wouldn't bother with the trains as internal flights are relatively cheap and hassle free. I can strongly recommend the driver I always use and can give you various references for him - I would not use any other as although all drivers are safe, it is their personality which matters because you spend such a long time in the car with them. Trust me - I speak from experience. Also the driver's level of spoken English is important as if they are knowledgeable and professional, they can act as a guide which in the end saves you money and more hassle. If you wish to know more, please contact me directly. I can give you a rough guide of the costs etc and time you need to allow between each city, plus extra sights en route.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 14 day trip- Delhi/Agra/Jaipur/Udaipur/Varanesi- hotels?

I would suggest you to let your tour operator book hotels for you as they can arrange good hotels at your set budget.

Moreover for information on hotels in these cities, check this out:- http://www.luxoindia.com/luxury-hotels-india

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 14 day trip- Delhi/Agra/Jaipur/Udaipur/Varanesi- hotels?

We planned it all on our own without any problems. We flew from Delhi to Varanasi, then took the overnight train from there to Agra, then a car to Jaipur (3500 rupees booked through tourist resthouse) From Jaipur the train to Jodhpur then a car to Udaipur (3300rupees booked through Rajwadi Rajasthan Tours)

You could do the trip from Agra all by car, you should get a quote from a recommended taxi firm here on TA.

Toronto
Level Contributor
360 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 14 day trip- Delhi/Agra/Jaipur/Udaipur/Varanesi- hotels?

thanks all

I think I will book myself but would like to arrange car driver and tour Udaipur and then to Jodphur and then Laipur to Agra

any suggestions welcomed

5. Re: 14 day trip- Delhi/Agra/Jaipur/Udaipur/Varanesi- hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2013, 10:17