We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Direct Flights from Europe to Delhi

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Direct Flights from Europe to Delhi

Hi,

We are flying to Delhi from Canada. We were planning on having a 1 day stopover in Europe on the way to and from Delhi to break up the long flight. Does anyone know what european cities have direct flights to and from Delhi?

Thanks

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Direct Flights from Europe to Delhi

Um, London. Lots of direct flights from here, including premium econ options (8-9 hour flight)

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Direct Flights from Europe to Delhi

From which country in europe you want a flight to Delhi. All the major airlines in europe have direct flight to Delhi.

deepak

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,595 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Direct Flights from Europe to Delhi

London- for BA, air India, and several other carriers

Frankfurt for Lufthansa

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,167 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Direct Flights from Europe to Delhi

London , Paris , Amsterdam, Frankfurt , Brussels

Edited: 19 January 2012, 07:47
Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Direct Flights from Europe to Delhi

First choose the city you want to visit then look for flights or look for the best schedule and choose the city.

canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Direct Flights from Europe to Delhi

Thanks for the help. I posted this message because there are no specific countries or cities I want to see in Europe. That's why I was looking for cities that have direct flights to Delhi. I would also prefer cities that have easy and resonably priced access to and from the airport.

Save Reply
7. Re: Direct Flights from Europe to Delhi

Direct to prague

Save Reply
8. Re: Direct Flights from Europe to Delhi

Direct to prague

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,595 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Direct Flights from Europe to Delhi

if you are not interested in going to Europe then fly Emirates - they fly Via Dubai and are among the cheapest on the Delhi Canada Route and probably one of the best services

and would be happy to convert your stopover into a convenient 2 nights Dubai extravaganza at a very reasonable cost

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
830 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Direct Flights from Europe to Delhi

There are direct flights from just about everywhere. Are you booking the flights yourself direct, or through an agent ?

If not booking DIY, why not ?

If you are DIY'ing, then be aware that UK APD (air passenger duty), will be higher than other European ports, but then again, if you buy airline tickets at the right time online, the cost could be favourable, and boy, do those prices fluctuate !!

Being a Canadian, there is a good chance that you speak either English, or French, so that should narrow it down a little. If you have no preference as to which country to stop of at, then it is down to time, or cost.

If you check the arrival times into Delhi that were most convenient, that would narrow it down a little more. The added cost of a night in a hotel due to an inconvenient arrival, or departure time, could make a difference to the amount you would be willing to pay for the flight ? Cheapest does'nt always equate to most economical. I always try to balance out the time saved, or wasted, against the cost !

Edited: 19 September 2012, 14:48