We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new delhi matro station to main bazar..

Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
18 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
new delhi matro station to main bazar..

hi,

we r arriving new delhi matro station from delhi airport at aprox 9pm...

our hotel is hari piorko in main bazar...

now advise us few things...

what is safest and cheapest way to get in our hotel from new delhi matro station????

how it will cost???

plz help us

traveling 16 march 2012

thanks

tushi

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: new delhi matro station to main bazar..

hello,

Metro service 06:00 hrs to 23:00 hrs and you get down from train "RAJEEV CHOWK STATION" from rajeev chowk to main bazaar maximum 50 rupee for auto rickshaw in night time. otherwise only 20 rupee. if you go new Delhi station to far by auto. if you are alone you will walk both way just 10 minute to main bazaar

Delhi
Level Contributor
70 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: new delhi matro station to main bazar..

Use the Airport Express Line metro from the Airport to the New Delhi Metro Station. After you get to the New Delhi Metro Station, you can walk to your hotel. The walk is approximately 700 meters. Refer to this map: http://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr=New+Delhi+Metro+Station,+New+Delhi,+Delhi&daddr=Hari+Piorko+International,+Main+Bazar+Rd,+Pahar+Ganj,+Connaught+Place,+New+Delhi,+Delhi&hl=en&sll=28.637455,77.215991&sspn=0.018946,0.027595&geocode=Fe4OtQEdyFGaBCl78ZmRPv0MOTHTDNUqsp7-fA%3BFRsJtQEdIzqaBCE2qIDTWWgK3g&oq=New+Delhi+&mra=atm&dirflg=w&t=m&z=17

Alternatively, you can use an Auto or Cycle rickshaw (depending on your luggage), the distance is 2.5 Kms. The map is here: http://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr=New+Delhi+Metro+Station,+New+Delhi,+Delhi&daddr=Hari+Piorko+International,+Main+Bazar+Rd,+Pahar+Ganj,+Connaught+Place,+New+Delhi,+Delhi&hl=en&sll=28.64218,77.21932&sspn=0.004736,0.006899&geocode=Fe4OtQEdyFGaBCl78ZmRPv0MOTHTDNUqsp7-fA%3BFRsJtQEdIzqaBCE2qIDTWWgK3g&oq=New+Delhi+&mra=ltm&t=m&z=16

At 9 p.m., this area of Delhi is live with action. I don't think safety is a concern. If I were you, I would walk it (assuming you are backpacking). If you have too much luggage, then you'd be better off taking an Auto-rickshaw or a radio taxi. A radio taxi should cost you between Rs. 50 - Rs. 100. You should call the taxi when you arrive at the airport and ask them to meet you at New Delhi Railway Station. Try Super Cabs on 011-41004100.

But, like I said, I would save the money and walk the 700 meters!

Gurgaon, India
Level Contributor
225 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: new delhi matro station to main bazar..

auto rirshaw is the cheapest means which should not cost rs 30

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: new delhi matro station to main bazar..

cycle rickshaw would be the cheapest and best mode of transport at that hour and should not cost you anything above 20 rupees

5. Re: new delhi matro station to main bazar..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 March 2012, 13:35
Armidale
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: new delhi matro station to main bazar..

I'd walk to the hotel. It's such an interesting street! If you're not too overloaded with luggage.

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: new delhi matro station to main bazar..

I did the same , staying at the hari piorko , comming from new delhi train station , the metro exit is on the otherside of the train station , so you walk to the otherside of the station it can be very crowded and there are 6 different exits.... and then walk for 10 min to the hotel , if you have heavy bags or so i would take a auto rikshaw/tuk tuk.

8. Re: new delhi matro station to main bazar..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 15:42