We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me plan my trip

Ohio
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Help me plan my trip

Hi !

I want to plan another trip to India. I would like to visit Delhi , Agra and Varanasi. Also I would like to spend time in a fourth place not sure where. I live in America so How do I go about planing this. Also what is the best way to get around? I thinking about getting a car. Thanks for all the help.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
729 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me plan my trip

Hi Samm,

You could add Jaipur as the fourth location. Will be able to suggest you an itinerary if you could let known the no. of days you are planning for your visit.

Yes the best way to move around is hiring a local cab.

Titus

agra
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me plan my trip

delhi - jaipur -agra - varanasi-delhi

from agra overnight train to delhi.

from varanasi u can have flight back to delhi.

it's better to arrange everything in advance.contact some good reliable tour company to arrange everything.

happy journey

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me plan my trip

Dear Samm,

You should require at least 10 days to visit DelhiJaipurAgra- Varanasi-Delhi.

Suggested route :

Day 01 Delhi

Day 02 Delhi

Day 03 Delhi – Jaipur

Day 05 Jaipur

Day 06 Jaipur- Fatehpur Sikri-Agra

Day 07 Agra- Varanasi ( By Overnight train ) Train leaves 08-00 PM

Day 08 Morning arrive at Varanasi

Day 09 Varanasi

Day 10 Vranasi- Delhi ( By flight )

From Day 01 to Day 07 you can use car and driver till drop at train station. As Agra – Varanasi distance is quite long so train is only the best way to go Varanasi.

Varanasi – Delhi , you can use flight , if you will book well ahead it should be cheaper. You may use overnight trains from Varnasi to Delhi if you have time.

Hari Mangal

Delhi
Level Contributor
1,396 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help me plan my trip

If you have lesser days, you go go through this itinerary:

Day 1 - Delhi ( If you arrving early morning, one day is enough for s/s)

Day 2 - Jaipur

Day 3 - Jaipur

Day 4 - Agra/Varanasi ( night train at 2130 hrs)

Day 5 - Varanasi

Day 6 - Varanasi

Day 7 - Delhi ( by air or night train)

Day 8 - Departure.

It would be good, if you can hire a car with driver.

Regards!

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help me plan my trip

you would need some time to explore all places and the most you would need at each place is

2 nights Delhi

2 nights Jaipur

1 night Agra

1 night Varanasi

you can take over night trains to varanasi and back or this can also be done by flights and for Agra and Jaipur you can take either trains or a cab to do this region

it is best to travel from jaipur to agra via cab as you can then visit the famous Fatehpur Sikri as it is some 30-40 kms outside Agra

Ohio
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help me plan my trip

Thanks everyone ! I want to spend about 1 month in India . What good places to shop? I only know of Dili haat. I love that place . I also am mostly likely going to stay in the hotel Florence in Delhi

Ohio
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help me plan my trip

Thanks everyone ! I want to spend about 1 month in India . What good places to shop? I only know of Dili haat. I love that place . I also am mostly likely going to stay in the hotel Florence in Delhi . I think in all for everything 10,000 usd would be good for this trip?

8. Re: Help me plan my trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2012, 15:41
Ohio
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help me plan my trip

Any other place like Dili haat?

10. Re: Help me plan my trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2012, 15:42