We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight to Udaipur

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
679 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Flight to Udaipur

I was researching for flight to Udaipur in November but discovered to that there has been quite a substantial fare increase. My question is this:

1. should I book now or later?

2. which airline would you recommend?

Heard that Kingfisher may go bust soon. Air India does not provide good service and tend to cancel. Indigo which is the better airline does not fly to Udaipur from Delhi. The next airline I am considering is Jetair.

Looking forward to your input.

Cupert

Toronto
Level Contributor
362 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight to Udaipur

Can tell you I used Jessie to fly Delhi to udaipur in march on their 540 am flight

Very good, on time but small old feeling plane / like 1970s??? It was fine but noticeably old

Fine short flight about 1 hr 20 mins

Udaipur very small airport very handy and easy

Cost I think was around r5000 or about $ 100 it may have been less not completely sure

Your other option is overnight train

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,740 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight to Udaipur

Yes there is some problem with kingfisher now but other are flying Ok. Hope fully Kingfisher will be fine soon. It is a big group. They can not afford to operate that way. Indigo and Spice jet are good.

deepak

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,537 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight to Udaipur

Hi,

Udaipur. Delhi operating three airlines. First choice is always Jetairways second Airindia and third choice for me King fisher.

early morning flight at 525 hours by Jet is known as Jet Konnect it is LCC (low cost carrier ). It have not much load of traveller hence operates with ATR .

If your tour and dates are fixed you can book any Jet flight all of them are direct flight.

Among all these Jet is best.

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,537 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight to Udaipur

Hi,

Udaipur. Delhi operating three airlines. First choice is always Jetairways second Airindia and third choice for me King fisher.

early morning flight at 525 hours by Jet is known as Jet Konnect it is LCC (low cost carrier ). It have not much load of traveller hence operates with ATR .

If your tour and dates are fixed you can book any Jet flight all of them are direct flight.

Among all these Jet is best.

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
30 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight to Udaipur

I am looking at a flight by Jet Airways from DEL to Jaipur (6:40pm departure), at what time do I need to be at the airport to make this flight?

Thank you,

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,537 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight to Udaipur

Reporting @ Delhi airport is 2 hours before the schedule departure time for domestic flight.

I suggest you at airlines counter at 5 am in the morning

Have a pleasant flight

Yogendra

Mumbai
Level Contributor
139 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight to Udaipur

Hi,

Jet Airways is the best option considering the turbulence going on with Air India and Kingfisher. It would be more important that you reach your destination as per schedule so that your remaining program does not gets impacted.

Regards,

Anushka

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,595 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flight to Udaipur

Jet is the best flight at the moment in India - last week i took the flight and to my surprise it landed before time at the the Delhi airport - quiet an achievement

and the flight attendants were pleasant as well

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
729 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flight to Udaipur

Kingfisher has resumed operations and is operating in major sectors of India. My recent experience has proved that the airline does not refund money if any their flight is cancelled.

It is advisable to book early as the fares would only go high.

Edited: 15 May 2012, 11:05
10. Re: Flight to Udaipur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 19:42