We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jaipur - Delhi by train or plane?

london
Level Contributor
238 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Jaipur - Delhi by train or plane?

Hi

Wanted to ask what people's opinions were as to quickest and easiest way to get from Jaipur to Delhi, so I can conserve precious time in India! I don't want to go by car, as some of journey will be in the dark, and so left with option of train or plane. The plane takes about an hour, and the train five - so do you think that plane would be a better use of time? I need local experience to help me factor in waiting times, distances to airport/ station etc.

Thanks for your help as always!

Sorry for posting this twice, wasn't sure whether to put under Jaipur or Delhi!

Mentioned in this post
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
5,491 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Jaipur - Delhi by train or plane?

Hallo,

The jaipur airport is about 14 kms from the jaipur city in a town named sanganer rajisthan.The road journey takes 5 hours. As far as the time is concerned flight would be a great option.

thanks

Rashidagraindia

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,169 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jaipur - Delhi by train or plane?

There are many trains from Jaipur for Delhi. You can look for Ajmer Shatabdi Exp. that is the fastest train on this route. By air definitely it will be less time. Jaipur - Delhi highway is very busy and may take up to six hours to travel that distance.

deepak

Mentioned in this post
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
Ajmer
Ajmer
Ajmer District, India
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
55 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jaipur - Delhi by train or plane?

How much would cost be if via plane and via train? Just a rough estimate pls. Does both have several trips in a day?

My husband is also going for a 4 day trip this June.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
149 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jaipur - Delhi by train or plane?

Hi BenzRana,

Train may cost you approximately 1000/- for AC Chair class. Depending upon the class, fare will vary. For train schedule and fare check this website-www.indianrail.gov.in/

Air will cost your around 3,000 to 4,000 depending upon the airline and how many days in advance you book the ticket. For air tickets you can check- www.yatra.com

Happy Travelling :)

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
55 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jaipur - Delhi by train or plane?

Thank you Pragya_09.

I checked cheapest is at 3000+ now.

I guess it is train or car for them.

Thank you.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jaipur - Delhi by train or plane?

BY air it would take 1 hour at the airport for check in and boarding and 1 hour for the flight and after landing it would take anywhere from 30-60 min to reach your hotel from the airport

the cost of which would range from Rs.3000-6000

BY train it would take 4:30-6 hours and the cost would be close to Rs.600

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
732 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jaipur - Delhi by train or plane?

You can search for trains in the following link:

http://indiarailinfo.com/search/664/272

If you prefer to travel by train. It is better to take the Ajmer Shatabdi as it leaves New Delhi (NDLS) at 06:05 am and reaches Jaipur junction (JP) by 10:30 am. Since travel time from NDLS-JP is approx 4-6 hrs, an evening or overnight train will make you reach Jaipur late in the night or early morning, Finding a hotel/taxi at these timings might be inconvenient.

Mentioned in this post
Ajmer
Ajmer
Ajmer District, India
New Delhi
New Delhi
National Capital Territory of Delhi, India
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
Kalpetta, India
Destination Expert
for Kalpetta, Kozhikode, Mysuru (Mysore), Kodagu (Coorg), Sultan Bathery, Wayanad District, Kerala
Level Contributor
880 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jaipur - Delhi by train or plane?

Hi

I suggest taking a train rather than flight, considering the time consumed on check in and check out for flight. I think Titus Koshy has given a good suggestion for suitable train.

Regards

Sam

Groowynd

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Jaipur - Delhi by train or plane?

Hello, Delhi airport 22 k.m. from center of delhi. and Jaipur airport is 15 k.m. from center of jaipur. you need 30 minute drive in delhi and 25 minute in jaipur for airport. and minimum you reach 1 hrs before on airport. train taking only 5 hrs delhi to jaipur. i think train and flight is same timing. train is cheaper then flight. and both train station are center of city.

10. Re: Jaipur - Delhi by train or plane?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 08:15