We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Important things to pack

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Topic
Important things to pack

I will be in Kathmandu to Delhi - Mumbai this June - July 2012.

What are the important things to pack or bring ... the proper clothes this season.. medicines... remedies.. important little things that i might forget to bring....

sometimes we forget to bring things that are very important in going to this places

thank you very much in advance

angelo

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
4,897 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Important things to pack

As far as the clothing is concerned-----Half sleeves/full sleeves white/light colors cotton shirt, t-shirts, shorts, linen trousers, sandals ,caps,sunscreens packs,umbrella,some cool spray , wipes for face.

Medicines like imodium,some electrolytes powder/energetic drinks/tonic drinks.

Thanks

Rashidagraindia

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Important things to pack

thanks mr. rashid,

with respect to the medicines can i hand carry them .... i just travel light ....

angelo

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
4,897 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Important things to pack

some medicines can be carried the rest is all available in india.

Rashidagraindia

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Important things to pack

thanks my friend..

what else do i need to bring like going to the best places in india... essential but sometimes we forgot ....

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Important things to pack

cotton tops, linen shirts teamed up with cargo's and shorts would be fine also carry a cap and a handy umbrella to save yourselves from rain as well as sun

do carry a mossie cream with you - you can also buy one tube once when you land wither in Delhi or Mumbai from any chemist shop for protection from mosquito's

carry a small torch, small hand towels

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
30 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Important things to pack

Carry Cotton clothes...you can buy an umrella as monsoon is going to set in...India is a big country...if u forget anything no prob...you can get it all here.

Agra
Level Contributor
145 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Important things to pack

and do not forget to drink sufficient water because its summer here

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Important things to pack

Dont forget a mosquito spray and I bought a pashmina when I was there as I found it very useful in places with air conditioning, especially on overnight trains. We also got antibiotics from our doctor to take with us for any Delhi Belly as we were told that in some cases Imodium isn't strong enough, luckily we didn't need to take them but it gave us peace of mind to know that we had it with us.

Dubai, United Arab...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Important things to pack

Can you manage to travel the nice places in Delhi without hiring a tour guide? is it safe to take taxi from airport to place like Paranj how much is the correct fair... please help

Kalpetta, India
Destination Expert
for Kalpetta, Kozhikode, Mysuru (Mysore), Kodagu (Coorg), Sultan Bathery, Wayanad District, Kerala
Level Contributor
854 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Important things to pack

HI

@ Angelo Jushua - You might need an umbrella in Mumbai, as this is Monsoon Period in Mumbai.

@ myhalfindelhi - You can travel without hiring a tour guide. You can take a cab from Airport itself at reasonable rates.

Regards

Sam

Get answers to your questions about New Delhi