We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport dehli

lancashire
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Topic
airport dehli

Can someone give me an idea of how bad it is to travel via dehli airport ? the reports i have been able to find ,make it sound like a horror story sullen rude staff mosquito infested,miles of red tape we are arriving in India via a cruise ship then spending 3 days visiting some wonderful sights before flying back to the UK we are intending to fly with Virgin Airlines ,but if its a bad experience as people have said we might just forget the whole thing please can someone tell it like it is

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,532 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport dehli

Wow, who told you all these stories? New Delhi's terminal no. 3 is modern, neat and clean and efficient. Please go ahead and don't believe all this rubbish.....

Have a look at the website too

http://www.newdelhiairport.in/traveller.aspx

They even have a fb page

https://www.facebook.com/DelhiAirport?ref=ts

Hope this helps....

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
732 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airport dehli

Whoever told you this must have had a really bad dream!!! :-)

Read the below two reports to remove your fear

…indiatimes.com/2011-02-16/india/28551173_1_…

indianexpress.com/news/…

Edited: 12 June 2012, 15:11
lancashire
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: airport dehli

Many thanks Titus this has made us feel much better.I am sure we will now proceed.thanks again

lancashire
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: airport dehli

Thank you for putting us right ,just goes to show always ask for another opinion Cheers

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airport dehli

the Indira Gandhi International Airport at New Delhi terminal 3 is one of the most modern and sophisticated airports in the world in fact it is among the top 3 best airports in the world and has the best amenities and facilities

I really don't know who gives such false information about the Delhi airport

lancashire
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: airport dehli

Thank you for your reply ,I,v taken your comments on board ,now i shall look forward to my visit

new delhi
Level Contributor
139 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: airport dehli

Please do visit and make up your mind , its one of the most modern and clean airports in the world and can personally vouch for it as I've travelled a bit.

And do put up your thoughts afterwards so that this misconception is removed once and for all.

Ashtead
14 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: airport dehli

ALthough your doubts have been cleared, I just wanted to add that New Delhi's IGI airport recently won the Airport Service Quality award along with Mumbai. Check out this link and all the very best for your rendezvous with IGI.

…indiatimes.com/2012-02-15/news/31063193_1_a…

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,028 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: airport dehli

Dear cruiserlancashire,

Would love to see your comments on this forum after your visit. There may be many things you would not like after you come out from airport...... but that is India......... take it as adventure....... definitely not like home so be prepared for that contrasting experience.

deepak

Edited: 15 June 2012, 17:05
London, United...
Level Contributor
213 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: airport dehli

wow.....cruise Lancashire................. I am shocked..... I have used Delhi airport twice when flying in and out of India and I dont think it is close to anything you describe..... in fact on the contrary, I have had a pleasant experience each time....... pleasant and clean .... and staff were friendly and willing to help..... even the lady who was doing my body search after going through the arches stood for a while and tried to make pleasant conversation......

definitely dont miss out on travelling around India just because of horror stories about the airport...... u will miss out on a lot...... I love travelling to India and although i have only been there a few months ago....am dying to go back .... only thing stopping me is my bank balance...hehe...

would love to hear about your experience and thoughts after you come back ......

have a fab trip !!!!!!!!!!!!!