We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delhi-Agra- Shimla- Manali Tour

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, United Arab...
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Delhi-Agra- Shimla- Manali Tour

We are planing the trip From 9/08/12 to 19/8/12 to following locations.

Delhi, Agra, Kulu Manali-Shimla-Delhi. We will be arriving to Delhi on 9/08/12 @04:00 AM.

Kindly help me to plan my trip. We have two kids, 7 and 3 years along with us.

Kindly request you to suggest any other places en-route, to make our trip memorable one.

Thanks and regards

Johnson

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
4,827 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Delhi-Agra- Shimla- Manali Tour

You can do your trip in this order--------Delhi>Shimla>Kullu>Manali>Delhi>Agra>Delhi.

As your arrival time is 4.00 am.(Train no 2011) Shatabdi Express leaves Delhi for Kalka at 7.40 am reaching Kalka at 11.45 am.Kalka to Shimla by toy train or by car.

2 nights ----------------------------- shimla.Drive to Kullu.

1 night ---------------------------------Kullu.Drive to Manali.

2 nights--------------------------------Manali.Back to Delhi.

2 nights -------------------------------Delhi.Drive to Agra/early morning train.

1 night --------------------------------Agra.Drive to Jaipur.

1 night-----------------------------------Jaipur.Back to Delhi.Relax.Home

Rashidagraindia

Mumbai
Level Contributor
15 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Delhi-Agra- Shimla- Manali Tour

Dear Johnson: Delhi-Agra can be best be visited by luxurious tourist train " Taj Express". For train tkt bookings you may visit the India Railwayswebsite

www.irctc.co.in

Book a Return Tkt , enjoy " Taj Mahal" during Agra visit & return to Delhi.

Delhi-Manali best be visited by AC Coaches managed by Himachal Pradesh Tourist Developement Corp. [ HPTDC] . Visit their websites;

http://www.hptdc.gov.in & www.hptdc.nic.in

Their E mail Id: hptdc@hptdc.in

Coaches for Manali & Hotel Bookings for Manali be done online.

Delhi-Agra & Delhi-Manali are opposite directions ,hence you have to return to Delhi after Agra Visit. Enroute Manali other attractions are " Rock Garden of Chandigarh ".If interested U may break your journey at Chandigarh for 1 overnight stay and stay at" Himachal Bhavan " , a reasonabely good Hotel of HPTDC [ not a 5 Star Hotel of course ].

For any places of tourists' attractions, You/your friends may take my assistance. I don't know whether on Trip Advisor forum , I can give you my E mail Id ? I don't mind, if not objectionable to TA. I am a widely travelled person and covered many Indian & International destinations in last 4 decades.

If I could be of further assistance to you,I will be pleased.

Welcome to India & have a great time here. Beat Wishes.

Hem Bhandari

3. Re: Delhi-Agra- Shimla- Manali Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2012, 17:14
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
729 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Delhi-Agra- Shimla- Manali Tour

Johnsy_Violet.

To start with you can spare 6 days for Shimla Manali trip and 3 days for Delhi, Agra & Jaipur.

Delhi Agra Jaipur is well connected by Rail & Road. You can hire a private cab to help you cover these destinations. For rail, you can visit the below site:

http://indiarailinfo.com

(Book your rail tickets in advance, getting a ticket at the last minute is a hassle you surely would want to avoid)

In Agra: you can visit The Taj, Agra Fort & Fatehpur Sikri. If you're planning to stay overnight, do plan to visit Kalakriti to watch the musical entertainment - Mohabbat - The Taj. Read reviews of it:

tripadvisor.in/Attraction_Review-g297683-d24…

In Jaipur: You can visit Hawa Mahal, Amber Fort (Experience the elephant ride), Jaigarh Fort. Do take time out to visit Elefantastic. Your kids will love this experience. Read reviews of it:

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g304555-d2…

For Shimla Manali, you can hire a cab or an alternative would be - Take a train for Delhi to Kalka and from Kalka experience the Toy Train ride. It will be exciting. Reviews of it:

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g304552-d4…

In Shimla: Plan for 2 nights & 3 days. Day 01: cover Narkanda & Naldehra, Mashobara. Day 02: visit Chail & local Shimla sightseeing

In Manali: Day 1: visit Kothi, Rahala, Gulabaand Rohtang Pass. Day 2: visit Kullu and Manikaran & Solang Valley. Day 03: Nagar Castle & Manali sightseeing

Shimla Manali are at the peak of monsoon in mid-August. These places should be avoided during monsoon. I would suggest you post about your trip on Shimla / Manali forum. Destination Experts on these forums should be able to assist you better.

If you have spare time in Delhi, you may plan a visit to Kingdom of Dreams. http://www.kingdomofdreams.in/

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,039 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Delhi-Agra- Shimla- Manali Tour

Johnsy_Violet

August will be rainy in Shimla and Manali. Chances of snow at Rohtang is not very promising in August. However, the itinerary can be as follows :

09 - Arr Delhi, check-in to hotel. Local sightseeing. Night volvo bus to Shimla.

10 - Arr Shimla, check-in hotel. Evening – Strolling around the Ridge.

11 - Shimla – day trip to Kufri, Fagu, Naldehra, Chini.

12 - To Manali, check-in hotel, rest.

13 : Manali – Hadimba Temple, Manu Temple, Vasisth Kund, Solang Valley

14 : Day trip to Kullu and Manikaran

15 : Day trip to Rohtang Pass, Rahala.

16 : Transfer to Amritsar by bus

17 : Asr Ned Express (12716) Amritsar Junction 05:40 - Agra Cantt 16:30

18 : Agra - sightseeing.

19 : To Delhi and return journey

Edited: 10 July 2012, 07:54
Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,292 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Delhi-Agra- Shimla- Manali Tour

Johnsy_Violet.,

Although it is off season, hotels are quite cheap but I do not suggest you to travel in Manali in August (mansoon). You could face heavy rain in Manali as well as other places too.

Suggested Route ( If stick on Manali )

09.08.12 Arrive Delhi – Chandigarh ( Approx 05 Hours drive)

10.08.12 Chandigarh- Manali ( Approx 08-09 Hours drive )

11.08.12 Manali-Kullu - Manali

12.08.12 Manali- Manikaran- Manali

13.08.12 Manali- Shimla ( Approx 06 Hours drive)

14.08.12 Shimla

15.08.12 Shimla- Delhi ( Approx 08-09 Hours drive)

16.08.12 Delhi-Agra ( Approx 04 Hours)

17.08.12 Agra-Fatehpur Sikri- Delhi ( Approx 05 Hours)

18.08.12 Delhi

19.08.12 Delhi – Out

Drive time can be increased specially in mansoon time.

About places you can follow Titus_Koshi ‘s advice which is quite informative and good.

Hari Mangal

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,292 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Delhi-Agra- Shimla- Manali Tour

Ashish da,

I like your plan very much but have a little doubt how they will complete Manali - Amritsar journey by bus which is not going to be less than 11-12 hours if any good buses available.

Is there any Volvo / deluxe buses available day time in mid August (quite low season)?

Hari Mangal

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,039 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Delhi-Agra- Shimla- Manali Tour

Hari Mangal M

Manali to Amritsar takes about 10 hrs. The bus starts at 6 a.m. from Manali. Considering the journey time, I kept one full day for that on 16th.

There are semi deluxe buses in this route.

AshisRoy

Edited: 10 July 2012, 08:47
Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,292 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Delhi-Agra- Shimla- Manali Tour

Ashish Da,

Thanks for info. Manali-Amritsar is approx 450 KMS can be covered in 10 hours in mansoon time & also hilly road ? It is doubtful.

To cover up 450 KMS long journey in opposite direction for just night halt in Amritsar is not suggestible.

It would be better to advice them as follows:

09 Arrive Delhi + Sight –seeing. Overnight bus to Manali ( Volvo and other kinds of buses available)

*** Manali is 03 nights destination , possibilities to leave a day later…

10th Arrive Manali

11th Manali

12th Manali

13th Manali

14th Manali-Shimla

15th Shimla

16th Shimla- Kalka – Tundla ( Agra) Overnight train

Train Departs : 23-55 Hours from Kalka

17th Arrive Tundla at 10-45 AM take taxi to Agra merely 01 & half hours drive.

18th Agra- Fatehpur Sikri- Delhi

19th Delhi – out

Or More better suggestion

16th Shimla- Kalka – Delhi By Shatabadi Exp

Train Departs : 17-45 Hours from Kalka Arrive Delhi same day at 21-55

17th Delhi – Fatehpur Sikri- Agra.

18th Agra- Delhi

19th Delhi – out

Hari Mangal

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Delhi-Agra- Shimla- Manali Tour

You have received various suggestions regarding your itinerary. My only suggestion is that do not stay in the proper hill stations of Shimla, Kullu and Manali since they are too crowded. Look on the website for decent hotels few kms before or beyond these places. I suggest a hotel between Kullu and Manali, since distance between these 2 places is only about 40kms. You can cover both the places, rather than shifting from one place to another. A hotel in 'Raison' a small town between Kullu and Manali will be ideal. Check the website, there is a beautiful hotel there with cottages by the river.