We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IRCTC activation webpage

oxford
Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
IRCTC activation webpage

Can anyone help, I have literally spent hours trying to book a train, i've had loads of email OTP's and finally got a mobile OTP, yet can only find the webpage that activates link between Cleartrip and IRCTC and !RCTC are now saying I need to activate my account with them first. Failing that is their anywhere in UK that can book a train for me? I'm only wanting to do a daytrip between Delhi and Agra and it's the most frustrating thing I've ever done in years of travelling the world. Or maybe recommend a good agency in Delhi I can book trip through. Thanks in advance

UK
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
8,827 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: IRCTC activation webpage

It's all very trying I know as I gave up. Hopefully someone will come along to help you. Good luck.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,360 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: IRCTC activation webpage

try emailing cleartrip help. You will need to send a scan of your passport to them and IRCTC. Its a trying process, but people have done it.

Or if you want to go through an agent, look through the Delhi/Agra forum for recommendations. Though I doubt anyone would be interested in doing just a train ticket. Try anyway.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
830 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: IRCTC activation webpage

I received my OTP by email, entered it, and hey presto !

I am not sure why IRCTC would ask you to activate anything after sending an email with the OTP, because it should have already been activated in order for them to send the code.

You say you even received a mobile OTP.

How did you get that, and was it to a UK mobile number ?

Edited: 18 July 2012, 17:41
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
373 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: IRCTC activation webpage

try this http://www.seat61.com/India.htm#classes abd indiamike.com/india/…

you can also email all your details with a scan of your passport to wsoperations@irctc.com

5. Re: IRCTC activation webpage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2012, 15:33
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
729 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: IRCTC activation webpage

Some time back I had posted something related to IRCTC registration on the below thread. Hope this should help:

tripadvisor.com/…41845799

Let me know if you require more inputs

oxford
Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: IRCTC activation webpage

I got a mobile OTP by sending copy of passport and requesting it, I kept all email OTPs, I got sent 7 different ones and tried each with the mobile OTP, emailed IRCTC several times, just frustration to be honest. I am starting a new account using my girlfriends email etc, and hopefully that will work.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
830 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: IRCTC activation webpage

It sounds like a case of too many cooks to me.

Make sure when you open a new account to use exact same info for both accounts IRCTC and cleartrip.

entitle your emails to IRCTC, FAO Monica Jaiswal, and also Cc. a copy to Cleartrip

I hope it works out for you

9. Re: IRCTC activation webpage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 July 2012, 17:05
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
830 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: IRCTC activation webpage

Well... I suppose I could do that...

For a small commission of course.

I could book tickets online for everyone in the UK, and email the tickets to them. There would be no money transfer fees, people would have their tickets before they left home, and ... Oh.

Hang on a second. . thats why IRCTC started the whole fiasco in the first place, to stop touts from grabbing all the tickets and selling them on for a profit.