We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saree shops

Pinkpower
Level Contributor
248 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Saree shops

When we go to Chennai, we always visit Nalli , RMKV and Chennai Silks.

This time we will be in Delhi and I would like to get some sarees that are more North Indian style.

I know there is a Nalli in Delhi - can anyone tell me if it sells the same stuff as in the South?

Also, if you had time for just 2 or 3 shops to buy saree/salwar/men's kurtas which shops would you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

PP

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
123 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saree shops

Nalli in CP, New Delhi has the same stuff as the one in Chennai, less options though.

In Delhi, look out for Satya Paul and Meena Bazar. Chhabra 555 (South X) is good too.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,536 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saree shops

For men's and women's kurtas, do check out Fabindia (Google for store locations). You could also go to stores like Lifestyle and Shoppers Stop which stock various brands. Again, Google to find a store close to where you are staying.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
732 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saree shops

Not sure of shops. But few markets that I would suggest are: Karol Bagh & South Extension.

Titus.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,049 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Saree shops

You can look at "Manyavar" shops. Also can search INDIA IN A BAG........ on this forum.

Edited: 07 August 2012, 07:00
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
150 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Saree shops

lajpat nagar also known as central mkt has a lot of shops - nargins, bombay selection, raas

you can look up frontier raas, ushnak mal, heritage, vichitra in south ex mkt as well

Pinkpower
Level Contributor
248 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Saree shops

Thank you everyone. I checked out the Chhabra 555 website and was impressed! If anyone can tell where are the bigger outlet, I will venture there because I think we don't have much time.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Saree shops

chhabra 555 the biggest outlets are in chandni chowk and there are lots of shops that have better collection as compared to Chhabra

Kala Kriti has the best of designers suits and sarees

om prakash gas a great collection- but you will have to bargain with all these shop keepers sometimes they give upto 60-70% discount on the MRP

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Saree shops

there is a whole sale saree market in Old Delhi... you may find best of the stuff and wide range. It would be much cheaper than the big named shops.

Vijayawada, India
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Saree shops

I have to purchase casual salwars and sarees. Through http://www.unnatisilks.com I purchased. Those r good and low in price.

Surat, India
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Saree shops

Hello Everyone...i was going through http://www.matwali.com and I found very nice collection of Party wear sarees, Embroidered sarees, Bandhej sarees, Occasion Collection, Catalog Collection, Designer Collection, Georgette Sarees, Net Sarees, Handwork Sarees, Lehenga Sarees, Bandhani Sarees, Bridal Sarees, Brasso Sarees, Tissue Sarees, Chiffon Sarees, Printed Sarees, Crepe Sarees, Silk Sarees, Blossom sarees, One minute sarees,Lehenga Choli, Dresses,T-shirt, Kurtas, Kurtis, Leggings, Capris, Jeans, Jeggings,Jewellery and Lace Border...they also provide free shipping and less price for all products...