We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 night stay - curry recommendation

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Blackpool
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
1 night stay - curry recommendation

Hi, we are staying in Delhi for one night at the Lalit hotel near Connaught Square. We love Indian food in the UK and are looking for a place to have an excellent indian meal on our only night here. I've looked through several posts and most seem to ask what kind of indian cuisine. I'm not sure about that but we love Currys with lots of sauce, not dryer tandoori food and kebabs. So from what I've read I believe that's more North and West Indian food which does currys etc - is that correct?

Based on this assumption, could someone please recommend a restaurant for an excellent curry? I was looking at the Chutney Bar - would that be suitable?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Blackpool
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 night stay - curry recommendation

Sorry I forgot to mention our budget would be a maximum of £40 for both of us so approx 3,500 indian rupees.

Thanks,

Mark

Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 night stay - curry recommendation

karim wd be thew best...

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
123 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 night stay - curry recommendation

Crabstix,

The food you have mentioned is North Indian food. A few dishes that you will like are Butter Chicken (all time favourite), Kadhai Chicken, Chicken/Mutton Korma, Murgh Makhni, Murgh Rarha, Mutton/Chicken Roghan Josh etc.

Chutney Bar does not have too great a menu for North Indian food. I have been to Veda and Baluchi at Lalit. Both are good.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
729 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 night stay - curry recommendation

Mark:

The dishes mentioned by TrotterGirl are non-veg dishes with curries. You can also try some veg dishes with curries: Paneer Butter Masala, Kadai Paneer, Palak Paneer, Mutter Mushroom, Kadai Mushroom, Veg Korma etc..

Some good restaurants that I have tried out and they serve good North Indian meals are:

Punjabi by Nature

Park Balluchi

Pind Balluchi

They would also be in the budget you have mentioned.

You can search for good restaurants around your locality by visiting this site:

http://www.zomato.com/

Titus.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 night stay - curry recommendation

TRY Old Delhi Food and culture

Jaipur, Rajasthan...
Level Contributor
142 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 night stay - curry recommendation

Try pind balluchi and 3500 for 2 people , you can eat in 5 Star hotel easily :)

Pind baluchi will not cost you 1000 to 1500 max

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,595 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1 night stay - curry recommendation

the best place in Delhi for such food is the Bukhara Restaurant in the Hotel ITC Maurya

the next option would be Pandara road which serves food all through the night and Have More Restaurant serves one of the best Butter chicken in Delhi

there are options closer to your hotel as well like United Coffee House and Embassy Restaurant

Karim's is very popular place and is highly rates but the approach roads and the area in General is not suited for women especially at night

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
115 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1 night stay - curry recommendation

From Lalit, Pind Balluchi ( they have a branch near Regal theater) is almost walking - so it would be a good option in terms of proximity.

Pandara Road restaurants (Gulati/Havemore/Pindi etc) are about 10 min of drive offering similar fare.

You can also explore other options available in Connaught place area and there are many of them there.

Edited: 13 August 2012, 18:25
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
542 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1 night stay - curry recommendation

Try out Karim's or Moti Mahal.Or may visit Dilli Haat.Here you will get to taste foods from different states of India.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,595 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 1 night stay - curry recommendation

i forgot to mention here a Restaurant which is very close to your hotel and usually preferred by all tourist from Europe is the Chor Bizzare at the hotel Broadway on Asaf Ali Road

they serve excellent food and the interiors are awesome

they have options for buffet as well as A-La-Cart

do try the Rogan josh and the butter chicken- both gravy's are to die for

and in starters do try the palak ke pattey ki chat (Batter fried spinach leaves topped with curd, tamarind sauce and Indian herbs )

also try the Lacha parantha- which is very nice and crispy Indian bread