We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IndiGo extra luggage and Visa-on-Arrival

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
IndiGo extra luggage and Visa-on-Arrival

Dear forum members,

I am thinking of booking IndiGo from New Delhi to either Bangkok or Singapore. I have some questions if you please:

- I tried a dummy booking and during the booking process found a payable option to add 10 kg to the checked luggage allowance. Is it possible for me to add this option AFTER the booking has been made or do I only have one chance DURING making the booking?

- In your experience, how strictly are IndiGo's hand luggage rules enforced at New Delhi Airport?

- Also in your experience, how good is IndiGo's on-time performance in general and especially for flights between Delhi and Bangkok or Singapore?

By the way, I would also like to ask if any of you have experience about getting Visa-on-Arrival at Delhi Airport (I am travelling with a Vietnamese passport and can do this). Is the process easy and does it take much time? How do you prove yourself to be "a person of assured financial standing"?

Thank you very much for your time.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
729 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: IndiGo extra luggage and Visa-on-Arrival

1. Yes, you'll able to avail this option even after you've made your booking.

2. Hand baggage rules are usually strict on International flights. But some airlines do allow depends on how well you negotiate. Better option is to check with the airline customer care.

3. Personally I prefer to fly with Indigo always on domestic route due to their on-time performance. They are the best when it comes to being on-time.

4. Visa-on-arrival at Delhi airport: I guess, someone who's used this service will be able to answer you better. I'm an Indian national so haven't had the need to go through this process.

Titus.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,519 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: IndiGo extra luggage and Visa-on-Arrival

This thread about VOA is a bit old but may give you some idea about it

tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g293860-i511-k40602…

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: IndiGo extra luggage and Visa-on-Arrival

Thank you for your reply. I believe IndiGo would be a reasonable choice. Regarding to VOA, as the scheme is only available to very few nationalities I did not find or expect a lot of feedback. I will definitely come back with my experience if I actually go this way.

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: IndiGo extra luggage and Visa-on-Arrival

You will be asked to provide proof of finanacial status, bank statements, credit card statements etc. My Indian wife is often asked for these when she travels with me to thailand and gets VOA there, even though I am never asked for any proof.

Edited: 01 September 2012, 05:26
Delhi
Level Contributor
729 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: IndiGo extra luggage and Visa-on-Arrival

On Indigo airlines, you can add the extra baggage after the ticket has been booked but it needs to be before checkin.

I travelled to Singapore 15 days back on Indigo. they dont weigh the cabin baggage.

Their flights are always on time in my exerience. Its a good airline.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: IndiGo extra luggage and Visa-on-Arrival

Thank you for your information.

Singapore, null...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: IndiGo extra luggage and Visa-on-Arrival

how many kg luggage carry for one person?

form singapore to delhi in indigo airline

and i m seamen .....

and how much dollar pay for extra 1 kg ?

please send me my reply

thank you

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
729 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: IndiGo extra luggage and Visa-on-Arrival

Hello

This link should answer your query

…goindigo.in/skylights/cgi-bin/skylights.cgi…

Enjoy your visit to India

Titus.

9. Re: IndiGo extra luggage and Visa-on-Arrival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 00:18