We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where is chandni chowk metro ?

Adelaide, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
where is chandni chowk metro ?

Can somebody who really knows have a look at the Google Map and comment on their placing of the Chandni Chowk metro station entrances. I think they are well off. Thanks Paul

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
732 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where is chandni chowk metro ?

Hi Paul,

Unable to figure out your question. CC metro station is visible on Google Maps.

Titus.

Adelaide, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: where is chandni chowk metro ?

Yes it is but my guide book puts the station in the old Delhi railway complex with one entrance and not where Google has placed it, 500 metres away on the main Chandni Chowk street. Who is right? We need some one who has been there and my apologies to you Titus if that someone is you and my guide book is wrong. Paul H

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,767 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where is chandni chowk metro ?

Old Delhi & Chandani chowk is same stations. There are many gates for entry / exit gate.

If you wish to go Chandani chowk then you should exit from Sheeshganj Gurudwara gate.

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where is chandni chowk metro ?

Right ! Chandbi Chowk metro has several exits/entry points. One exits at Delhi railway station (Popularly called Purani Dilli). Another exits towards Fountain (popularly called Favvara) in Chandni Chowk market.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
378 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where is chandni chowk metro ?

There is an exit that emerges adjacent to Chandni Chowk and another that emerges over the road from Old Delhi station, it wasn't in the station from what I could see.

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where is chandni chowk metro ?

One Exit/Entrance is within the Old Delhi railway station premises.

Adelaide, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: where is chandni chowk metro ?

Thanks everyone. It seems I can trust both Google and my guide book. Paul

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where is chandni chowk metro ?

ofcourse Chandni Chowk metro station is a big underground station which has exits at the Old Delhi Railway Station for obvious reasons and on the other side near the Sis Ganj Gurudwara or near the fountain chowk

9. Re: where is chandni chowk metro ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2013, 10:19