We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay In New Delhi?

Dunwoody, Georgia
2 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay In New Delhi?

I am trying to book a hotel before we arrive so we can have transportation waiting for us upon arrival? I'm trying to stay around a 100 a night, but have no idea what part? Suggestions???

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,378 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay In New Delhi?

I would suggest you to stay at Karol bagh Area and suggested hotels are Hotel Florenece , Wood Castle, Hotel Almondz is also very good in Patel Nagar Area. All hotels are within your budget. I would advise to book hotels at your earliest. As a couple of conferences and trade fare going to be held in November.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
373 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay In New Delhi?

Where are you going after Delhi? Would it be an idea to stay near the main railway station at Pahar Ganj? If so you'll get a nice clean room at the Hari Piorko for $30. Even less at other hotels there also.

Dunwoody, Georgia
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay In New Delhi?

We are not really sure yet, but that might be a better possibility. Do you think those hotels can pick up at the airport, since that is more of a concern than where to stay. We wanted to get there first then decide where we want to go. I know I want to do Agra, Jaipur, and Goa. With a possibility of Ahmedabad. I don't know if that is asking two much in 2 weeks.

virginia
Level Contributor
25 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay In New Delhi?

Only 24 hours in Delhi.... Arriving early evening and leaving the next day from the airport at 21:30

Where should we stay so that we can see what we can in just the one day?

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,378 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay In New Delhi?

There are many hotels in Delhi in all range from Home stay to 05 star Deluxe. Which type of hotel you are looking if budget then you may consider Hari Piorco in Main bazar, more better category - Florence Inn or wood Castle etc...

virginia
Level Contributor
25 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay In New Delhi?

Thank you for response. Am as interested in knowing which area of Delhi, for one night, 24 hours, will give me better location for seeing what I can in that short period.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
373 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay In New Delhi?

'Old' Delhi to the north has Chandni Chowk, Red Fort , Jama Masjid and other temples and mosques, markets etc. South Delhi has some tombs and forts as well as Hauz Khas shopping area. Perhaps stay centrally in Pahar Ganj and get a car and driver?

from wales
Level Contributor
257 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay In New Delhi?

I have stayed in Woodcastle in Karol Bagh many times, nice, very clean, free internet use and tasty food, and yes they can organise to have a car meet you at the airport... if you speak to Javed there, he can also give you a price for a car to take you to Agra and Jaipur if you wish. I have used his services also and have never had any problems.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
729 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay In New Delhi?

travelonVirginia

You should look for a hotel which is close to the airport. Some I could suggest are:

Hotel Classic Diplomat.

Radisson Blu

Titus

Edited: 03 November 2012, 06:24
10. Re: Where to stay In New Delhi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2013, 10:16