We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best neighborhood/district to stay in

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
129 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Best neighborhood/district to stay in

Taking a trip to India and trying to book our hotel. Problem is that New Delhi is so big - can you recommend a good neighborhood for our hotel? Needs to be a homebase for sightseeing - we will be seeing the normal tourist sites. Will be there for 3 nights before heading off to another city. I don't need actual hotel names, just a good neighborhood in which to settle. I will then research the hotels in that area.

Thanks!!

Noida, India
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best neighborhood/district to stay in

You can look for Safderjung enclave area.

carwala.

Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best neighborhood/district to stay in

You could consider Jor Bagh. Proximity to Lodhi Gardens,Khan Market.Relatively quiet residential area.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
729 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best neighborhood/district to stay in

A hotel in South Delhi (preferably Hauz Khaz, Safdurjung Development Area, Saket, Jor Bagh) should be the best option. It is close to markets, shopping malls and sightseeing destinations.

Titus.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,595 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best neighborhood/district to stay in

if you are looking for budget accommodation and want good metro connectivity then go for the Patel Nagar- Karol Bagh Area 2-3 star hotels 50 dollars per night kinds

and if Budget is not an issue then stay at the center of Delhi- Connaught Place

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
129 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best neighborhood/district to stay in

Reading through a lot of the reviews, it seems that most people will recommend Connaught Place or South Delhi. Is this correct? Will we get a better value in South Delhi? We don't want any budget hotels, but we aren't rich either.

Thanks all!!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
3,499 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best neighborhood/district to stay in

I would really recommend Connaught Place also. Loads of hotel choices and central to many shops, restaurants and attractions.

Jo

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,595 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best neighborhood/district to stay in

the hotels in Connaught Place have to maintain their standards and are thus better than the ones located elsewhere and there are pocket friendly options available in Connaught Place as well- you will have to search according to your budget

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
491 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best neighborhood/district to stay in

Connaught is like booking in Times Square - very touristy, lots of touts, higher prices. South Delhi is an affluent residential area and is much quieter. The Metro and the Hop On Hop Off bus make getting around easier. In South Delhi is higher end shopping at fixed prices and trendy urban villages, like Williamsburg in NYC.

If you stay in a B&B, South Delhiis much less expensive than the large, name hotels in the center.

I never stay in Connaught any more.

West Yorks
Level Contributor
812 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best neighborhood/district to stay in

I had a good walk around CP and am glad I didn't stay there. It is so manic I'm sure I wouldn't have gotten any sleep. Yes, it's very central with lots of shops,restaurants, etc catering to tourists but it would be like sleeping at Oxford Circus!

I stayed in Karol Bargh which is only 3 stops away on the Metro and much quieter. The down side is there is very little there catering to tourists.

You have to decide for yourself what your most important criteria are when choosing a hotel

10. Re: Best neighborhood/district to stay in

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 08:17