We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toilets?

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
melbourne
Level Contributor
141 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Toilets?

Quick question. We(2 older females) will be going on the Salaam Baalak walk in Jan after visiting Jama Masjid. We would like to know if there are toilets at the Rail Reservation Centre where the walk begins or somewhere nearby ?? Thanks for your help.

Gasquet
Level Contributor
70 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toilets?

Hi, just recently I took part in the Trust walk. Yes, there are toilets at the train station. However, that place is clamoring with people and to use the toilets there, is a project in itself. Avoid at all costs:) The walk ends up at the Trust group home. There are facilities there. If it really is necessary for you to have rest room, I would call Salaam B. a couple days before your walk and explain your need. I am sure they will assist you.

Our young, tour guide did a great job. I was very glad to support this project.

Enjoy your travels!

Jan

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
3,951 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Toilets?

hi, i was basically going to say the same thing. at the beginning of the walk, you are basically meeting out on the street way and there is really nothing around. it would be better if you could use the toilets before you leave Jama Masjid. After you do the walk and you end up at a Trust home there are toilets available, so you can use them there.

We really enjoyed the walk and got a lot out of it. Enjoy!

Jo

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
70 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Toilets?

Toilets in China were squatting type horrible for women except handicapped toilets had seats. What are toilets like while seeing tourist places in India, eg. Taj Mahal, Ajanta caves, etc.

leslie

Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
1,837 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Toilets?

The toilet facilities around most Indian tourist attractions are not of acceptable standards of cleanliness with few exceptions. New Delhi is an exception where there was an initiative to build toilets with advertising billboards camouflaging the exterior wall. These toilets ( outside Khan Market, Lodhi Gardens etc ) are very good and were the brainchild of a determined Indian called Fuad Lokhandwala. But his example has not been emulated every where.

Gasquet
Level Contributor
70 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Toilets?

Taj Mahal, 2 weeks ago, very clean inside seat type toilets, several sinks for washing

Ajanta caves may have had facilities, but we did not use them. Don't think there were any at Ellora.

Where ever we stayed, we always had facilities. and, I guess, planned our day around them!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
3,951 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Toilets?

I found that the toilets in places in Agra and Jaipur like City palace, Amber Fort, Taj Mahal etc were a mix of squatting and regular western type toilets. This of course, was at tourist type attractions. They always had an attentant and were clean and well maintained. The moment you go off the beaten path so to speak though, you are dealing with squat toilets, which i personally don't have a problem with, as long as they are clean. *Always* carry toilet tissue with you! :)

Jo

melbourne
Level Contributor
141 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Toilets?

Salsajo, are you saying there are toilets at Jama Masjid? Not saying we will need to use them but we will be leaving our hotel around 7.30 and on the move till 12 so just in case!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
3,951 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Toilets?

hi kezzac, as far as i remember, there are toilets (these things tend to blend into each other after a few months!) but i am quite sure!

Jo

melbourne
Level Contributor
141 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Toilets?

Thanks foryour help. e are off in just over 2 weeks. Thanks to everyone who contributes on the forum.It has been a great help in organising our trip.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
493 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Toilets?

Never hurts to pack some small packs of tissues. Even when there are toilets, there may not be paper.