We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delhi to Agra for a single woman

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Lauderdale...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Delhi to Agra for a single woman

My wife is coming with me to Delhi. During my business meetings she would like to go to Agra/Taj Mahal on a day trip. We are staying at a really nice business hotel who charges $450 usd for a private trip with driver. However she would rather go with a large group on a bus and spend less money, or even by train (but again not by herself). Can you suggest any one day group tours by bus or train (safe for women) that leave and return any part of Delhi during the week?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,157 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delhi to Agra for a single woman

Are you sure that's the price? It's high, even for a top end business hotel. Are you doing the currency conversion correctly?

Fort Lauderdale...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Delhi to Agra for a single woman

Well the price is beside the point since she is more interested in going with a group where she may meet friends etc, but here is the information emailed to us....

Dear Mr. Thompson,

Greetings of the day!

With reference to your below mentioned query regarding a trip to Agra and Delhi sightseeing. We would be pleased to arrange a car with a good English speaking chauffeur.

Please find our car rental tariff for Agra Trip as follows.

Charges for Agra trip by Toyota Innova (SUV) INR 24000 all inclusive.

Charges for Agra trip by Toyota Camry (SEDAN) INR 40500 all inclusive.

Please note that the rate as quoted above includes car hiring charges with the cost of fuel and chauffeur, parking, toll tax, interstate tax, all road tax and does not include tour guide charges, any monument entrance fee or meal charges.

Further we would be pleased to inform you that we can arrange a tour guide for your sightseeing in Agra and the same arrangement will be at an additional cost of INR 2000/day.

Please note that entrance fee for Taj Mahal is INR 750/person and for all other monuments it is approx. INR 250/- person for the foreign national.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
282 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Delhi to Agra for a single woman

24,000 INR is too much for same day Agra trip from Delhi. Charges for Toyota Innova should not be more 7000 INR with above all mentioned inclusions. Spend some time here on TA and go with recommended Car Driver services instead of paying too much for this short trip.

Thanks,

Fort Lauderdale...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Delhi to Agra for a single woman

I don't think anyone is reading my original post :) we know it is outrageously expensive and my wife does NOT want a private car and driver. We are looking for a *group* tour by train, same day from Delhi. I wrote to three companies listed in this forum and one already said "there are no group tours" then offered to drive my wife himself. Again he was missing the point. I have a hard time believing that Delhi and Agra have no group tours you can join from Delhi, be with others on the train and while touring Agra, then return with the group to Delhi. Is this possible? Thank you all!

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Delhi to Agra for a single woman

Jim

Your problem is, I think, one of the nature of tourism in India. Some people are content to travel alone, some are not. Those who do not want to travel alone either book a full package tour - flights, hotels, transport, guides, etc all one price - or take the personal route and arrange a car and driver, their choice of hotels, etc usually via an Indian travel agent. Even the business traveller with one day spare is likely to take a choice for a day trip to Agra of hiring a car and driver for the day or going by train and hiring a taxi in Agra if they need one for the day, or else picking up taxis or tuktuks as they need them. Even going by train, your wife would not, on ths basis, be a part of a group --- again, people prefer flexibiity and independence over rigid timetable and tour plan of a group.

That's not to say grouo day tours do not exist. Here' for example, is one offer delhitourism.gov.in/delhitourism/tour_packag…

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
162 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Delhi to Agra for a single woman

Hello,

Well there are lot's of tour operator in Delhi which can provide you good facility for one day tour to Agra. There are Train too but as you need some English speaking Guide or a good driver I would suggest you to contact

MANN TOURS INDIA (Pvt) LTD. They are one of the best in Delhi . Contact number is. +91 11 23561111, 23581111, 9990222999.

New Delhi, Delhi...
Level Contributor
698 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Delhi to Agra for a single woman

Hi, You have not mentioned date of travel. Most of the people wants to travel alone not in a group. Mention your date of travel. You may find few people who are travelling to Agra from Delhi on that date.

New Delhi, Delhi...
Level Contributor
698 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Delhi to Agra for a single woman

There are some travel companies who operate day tour to Taj Mahal from Delhi but mostly Indian people travel with these companies. If your wife wants to travel with Indian people you can try Rao Travel, Panicker travel, southern Travel etc. They charge around Rs. 1000 by volvo coach (Only bus charges) all extras monument ticket, lunch charges are to be paid direct. Hope this solve your problem.

Otherwise go for a private tour. There will be no problem.

Amar

Gurgaon
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Delhi to Agra for a single woman

The travel desk at your hotel will surely arrange this trip for you. In case you want to do it yourself as a day trip take the early morning Shatabdi Express from Delhi for Agra. It is a fully aircon deluxe train service. You can hire a cab in Agra for your sight seeing and return by the same train in the evening.

2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Delhi to Agra for a single woman

Shatabdi 1st class air con executive

Leaves at 6am arrives Agra at 8am

Return Jhelum at 5pm back Delhi around 8pm

Book on clear trip website.