We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best road route Delhi to Bangalore

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gurugram (Gurgaon...
13 posts
Save Topic
Best road route Delhi to Bangalore

Hi Everyone,

I am shifting to Bangalore from Delhi in July. I have a new Honda city which I need to take it to Bangalore.

Please advise best road route to go Bangalore from Delhi. I will have 5-6 days in hand to drive in this route taking ample of rest in between.

I have two routes in mind –

Route 1 – Delhi – Jaipur- Ajmer- Udaipur-Ahmedabad-Vadodara-Mumbai-Pune- Bangalore (this route is 400KM extra than Route 2)

Route 2 - Delhi - Agra -Gwalior - jhansi - sagar - bhopal - hoshangabad - Nagpur - Hyd – Blr

Thanks

Sushsaur

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, Punjab, Haryana, Dalhousie, India
Level Contributor
2,143 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best road route Delhi to Bangalore

have you tred the excellent http://www.oktatabyebye.com/

ATB

--

PS: keep in mind, many stretches on either route would be under road widening ops, and with the monsoons at its peak in July obviously better to take the route with smoother roads, even if longer

--

Hope you write on TA your potentially brilliant trip report (with pics?)

New Delhi, India
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best road route Delhi to Bangalore

Hi Sushsaur,

I am planning to drive from Delhi to Bangalore with my family in Zen. Can u pls give the details of your route?

I am looking for:

1) Shortest and Safest route from Delhi to Bangalore

2) Insight about condition of road will be helpful

3) Hotel Stays

4) SUggestions on stop over places - I plan to drive for 10 - 12 hrs each day

5) Any other insights / suggestions are welcome.

Edited: 17 December 2013, 17:08
Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,352 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best road route Delhi to Bangalore

I will suggest the route 1, although you have to bear extra 400kms but the road conditions are excellent

Bengaluru, India
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Best road route Delhi to Bangalore

Hi,

Can you please tell me which route you selected and how was your experience?

My parents are planning to drive from Delhi to Bangalore so need details as of how the roads are and where to stay. Anything which needs to be kept in mind.

Thanks

Nidhi

5. Re: Best road route Delhi to Bangalore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2015, 05:15