We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planing to experience India but a little confused?

Dubai
6 posts
Save Topic
Planing to experience India but a little confused?

Hi there! well.. I'll be honest! I've been delaying my delhi, Agra trip for a long time! I'm finally traveling on late august.. I'm aware about the weather & ready for it I also don't like going on tours or with drivers I like experiencing the world myself! what my question to you folks out there is where will I be spotted by scams & touts!! im sure you have lots of advice to give.. Sorry for the long story.. I'd really appreciate any advice & every advice from you Guy's.

Cheer's

Agra Day Tour Packages
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Discover India by Car
Day Trips, Multi-day Tours, Private Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Sightseeing Tours
When In India Tours
Day Trips, Private Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours
Reality Tours & Travel
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours
Mumbai, India
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Planing to experience India but a little confused?

How many days you have for the tour of India? India is a big country you should mention number of days for vacation.

Dubai
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Planing to experience India but a little confused?

I have 6 days.. arrival to delhi , visiting all major tourist attractions in Delhi & Agra.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,528 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planing to experience India but a little confused?

The best in these 6 days will be Delhi - Agra - jaipur - pushkar - Delhi, there are many touts but it is better coz of tourist police and it will be better if you arrange your tickets in advance for the trains, good luck

Agra, India
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Planing to experience India but a little confused?

I would recommend you to prearrange your flight/train tickets, accommodation in cities respectively. After having this done, there would be no space for scam or touts, just explore around the places.

If you are looking forward to plan your trip by train, then yes be bit extra cautious on train station and do not handover your tickets to strangers as there are touts pretending to be the ticket master. Check out this link for more info-

tripadvisor.com/…42422374

In case you wish to hire a car/driver, so look for recommendations on TA or search for some reputed travel companies who can arrange for your transportation and be relaxed.

Happy traveling !!!

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
10 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planing to experience India but a little confused?

A trip to Agra, is wonderful, Taj, Red fort, Sikandra and Fatehpur Sikri can all be completed in two days, please book a comfortable car and drive out from Delhi early morning. The Yamuna expressway is a great way to travel. You can do the Taj, red fort and Sikandra in the morning and early afternoon, spend a night in Agra, great hotel and avail good deals as off season. Do Fatehpur Sikri and then return to Delhi.

Delhi has great sights too, Red fort, Jama masjid, lotus temple, Qutub Minar, are great historical sights. Delhi has great shopping, excellent restaurants with a variety of cuisine.

Enjoy your week don't pack too much in., as being the monsoon season you might be compromised.

Best regards

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
5,344 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Planing to experience India but a little confused?

In 6 days time you can do a famous tourist circuit Golden Triangle--Delhi>Agra>Jaipur....have 2 nights in each place...you can also visit Mathura which is not far from Agra....the cities in GT are well connected by train and road.....most economical is the train ....for train reservation check with www.makemytrip.com or www,irctc.co.in

Better to book hotels,flights and train tickets ahead of the trip..For other queries related to trip search in the box above corner.

Thanks and Regards

Rashid Agra

Delhi
Level Contributor
730 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Planing to experience India but a little confused?

Hi,

if you have 6 days then I think you must book a Golden Triangle Tour package because in this package you will visit the three most beautiful cities of India i.e Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. by having this tour in short time you will be able to explore more in India.

You can book this tour through leading tour operators in India.

8. Re: Planing to experience India but a little confused?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 June 2013, 10:35
sydney
Level Contributor
386 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Planing to experience India but a little confused?

payal-roadtrip

I do not understand how you can make such a recommendation on this topic when just minutes later you started a new post which included, and I quote

"Please suggest me any good company who conduct road trips, camping and adventurous activity."

Oh dear! Is this spam?

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,981 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Planing to experience India but a little confused?

Dear Travelfreak,

As you said that you would like to explore things own your own without the help of driver & guides. It is suggested to be more cautious at the Railway Station, Bus Stands & at the historical buildings, as all these spots are surrounded by the scammers and touts.

Happy Travelling to India.

Regards,

Arun