We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiring a driver/support staff and coach for 25 Rajasthan

Auckland, NZ
Level Contributor
23 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Hiring a driver/support staff and coach for 25 Rajasthan

Good evening from New Zealand

Having previously travelled through Rajasthan 15 years ago the task has been left to myself to organise an itinerary and assistance staff/vehicles for a group work trip in October 2014. Yes, its a way off but we plan to do it properly.

We are a group of 20 - 24 dependant on final numbers.

The itinerary for now and accommodation is taken care of and not part of this question, suffice to say we will be arriving and departing from Delhi and doing 'the loop'.

My question is that surrounding a coach and a support vehicle with staff. I refer to a quality coach, with driver, and guide followed by a support vehicle with driver/security for further assistance and transport upon arriving at destinations and general duties.

Reliability and quality are required, really 24 hour attendance from both machine and staff.

Duration from pick up to drop off would be 12 days.

I am unsure of advertising laws here and am not looking to be barraged with marketing touts please, just reliable information and pricing indications please and maybe a name to google etc.

Thank you kindly in advance

Simon

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
190 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiring a driver/support staff and coach for 25 Rajasthan

Simon so you just need a coach with quality drivers and assistant. You can go for 32 seater coach. There are some good companies which can offer you coaches like Mann travel, Doabra, Hiway travel. You can google it ask for quotations.

I have personally seen coaches of Mann as well as Doabra they are good.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,028 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiring a driver/support staff and coach for 25 Rajasthan

There are many good transporters in Delhi. Look for tourist bus transporters approved by Ministry of tourism Govt. Of India. Contact 2-3 of them and compare their quotes.

deepak

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
190 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiring a driver/support staff and coach for 25 Rajasthan

Agree with Deepak ji.. Go through Approved transporter in Delhi.

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hiring a driver/support staff and coach for 25 Rajasthan

Hi

You can contact Mann Travel, Ajay Travel & Doaba Travel to get the good conditioned vehicle.

You can contact the above and get the quotation for your tour and which ever gives you the cheaper you can book through that agency.

Regards,

Arun

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,612 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hiring a driver/support staff and coach for 25 Rajasthan

Ajay Travels, Mann Travels and Doaba all are good and leading transporters of Delhi. You may contact anyone to get quote.

I would suggest you to have coach with a Tour Operator instead of a travel agent like Mann etc to get assured quality service.

You may contact Travellite, Cox N kings to hire coach if looking top end services.

This is not very common to get quality service in economic price.

Hari Mangal

6. Re: Hiring a driver/support staff and coach for 25 Rajasthan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2013, 12:23
New Delhi, Delhi...
Level Contributor
700 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hiring a driver/support staff and coach for 25 Rajasthan

There are many approved transporters in Delhi as suggested above by other members. I used Marico Tours Delhi. They have new coaches and driver's are good. You can get quote from 2-3 vendors. I am sure you will get cheapest quote from Marico.

Auckland, NZ
Level Contributor
23 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hiring a driver/support staff and coach for 25 Rajasthan

thank you very much to all whom have replied - what are your thoughts and suggestions please as far as the staff we require goes. I assume obviously that the bus comes with a driver. But we also need an attentive and versatile guide, not a tout, and a driver whom drives the back up car and also provides basic security and assistance as well. What price would we expect to pay for these 2 extra staff?

We have also been warned that the time we are travelling is almost peak time, and that we need to be careful that the 'deluxe' room that we booked has turned into a standard room upon arrival. Aside from reviews and homework is there any other suggested ways to minimise the chances of this happening. The choice I make is on behalf of 24 other people hence my caution and questions - thank you again in advance.

New Delhi, Delhi...
Level Contributor
700 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hiring a driver/support staff and coach for 25 Rajasthan

Hi Simon,

A government approved guide charge Rs. 3500 - 4000 approx per day. Extra staff you may get for Rs 1000/- per day if accommodation provided. Regarding hotel rooms it depends on the category of hotel you are booking. If you have booked Deluxe room and paid advance there is no reason that hotel will provide standard room.

Happy planning.

Edited: 04 July 2013, 10:18
Gatwick, null...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Hiring a driver/support staff and coach for 25 Rajasthan

i did use Mann's services and its great, english speaking drivers and very helpful support staff ,and they have good knowledge about the routes.

Best bet you can get.