We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Northern India 2 Weeks Itinerary

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Northern India 2 Weeks Itinerary

Hello I am going to India for the first time and looking for help planning where to go. I am there for 2 weeks before I have a course to attend in Delhi, where I will be flying to. I would like to go to Jaisalmer, Amritsar, Rikikesh, Bundi, Pushkar, Ranthambore National Park and Varanasi. This seems a little too ambitious for the time period so I wanted to ask which places I should skip and how long to spend in each.

Thanks!

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
4,786 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Northern India 2 Weeks Itinerary

Hello nuffchicken,

Welcome to TripAdvisor.You can do Delhi>Varanasi>Agra>Ranthambore>Jaipur>Pushkar>Udaipur>Amritsar>Delhi.

Arriving in Delhi 2 nights....fly to Varanasi for 2 nights...over night train to Agra for 1 night....drive to Bharatpur train to Ranthambore for 2 nights...drive to Jaipur for 2 nights...drive to Pushkar for 1 night....drive to Udaipur for 2 nights...fly to Amritsar for 2 nights...train to Delhi.

Check the flights between Udaipur to Amritsar.

For train Tickets and flight check with www.makemytrip.com

Thanks and Regards

Rashid Agra

2. Re: Northern India 2 Weeks Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 August 2013, 06:05
Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Northern India 2 Weeks Itinerary

Hi - You can also plan your tour as below :

Delhi ( 2 ) > Fly to udaipur ( 2 ) > Jodhpur ( 1 ) > jaisalmer ( 2 ) Bikaner ( 1 ) > Jaipur ( 2 ) > Ranthambore ( 2 ) > Agra ( 01 ) > Overnight train to Varanasi ( 2 ) > Fly to Delhi > Fly to Amritsar,

You have to omit Rishikesh from your itinerary.

Regards,

Arun

4. Re: Northern India 2 Weeks Itinerary

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2013, 11:03
Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,271 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Northern India 2 Weeks Itinerary

Hi,

There is no possibilities to visit all places in just 02 weeks time , as places are quite far and also a few in different direction. Amritsar, Rishikesh, Varanasi are in different directions and far to each other. The best utilization of your 02 weeks time should be as follows :

Delhi -02 Days > Varanasi -02 Days> Agra > 01 Day > Ranthambhore -02 Days> Bundi -01 Day> Udaipur-02 Days> Jaipur-02 Days > Delhi -00Days

• Delhi – Varanasi , Overnight train , Varanasi – Agra by also Overnight train. For rest of journeys you should cover by hiring car and driver.

Jaisalmer, Rishikesh and Amritsar, you may visit in your next India trip.

The above itinerary will be very easy , allow you to visit places very well and also not very expensive.

Hari Mangal

6. Re: Northern India 2 Weeks Itinerary

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it made false or speculative claims about TripAdvisor and its staff, or it quoted or summarised private correspondence from TripAdvisor staff.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2013, 12:52
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Northern India 2 Weeks Itinerary

Hello and warm welcome to India!!

Yes Dear in 2 week if you want to do all not good Idea or you have to go more places by flights. I want to advise if you avoid Amritsar or varanasi than your tour will be better.

You can do Rajasthan ,Agra ,Varanasi Delhi or you can do Delhi ,Amritsar,Rajasthan,Agra.

also depend how fast you like to do your tour in India but if you want to do all with 2 week than I not think you can do this as a Holidays.

if you want run always with your holiday than can be all or if you can afford flights like to Delhi to Varansi than next day overnight train to Agra than as rasid told till to Udaipur .

for Amritsar Again fly than Amritsar to delhi fly. so it can be very busy.

Pawan sharma

Bridport, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Northern India 2 Weeks Itinerary

I would suggest you look at the following website

www.timesindiatravels.com

My friend and I used this company to plan and book our three week tour of Rajasthan in Feb/March this year, and we cannot recommend Vijay highly enough. He has an extensive knowledge of northern india and I think you would find him a mine of information.

We had a car and driver, at very reasonable cost, and it allowed us to visit so many places, far more than we could have done using public transport.

enjoy your trip

Sue

9. Re: Northern India 2 Weeks Itinerary

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

Removed on: 22 October 2013, 13:56
10. Re: Northern India 2 Weeks Itinerary

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 02 August 2014, 06:20