We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sound and light show in new delhi

queluz portugal
Level Contributor
113 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
sound and light show in new delhi

is it worth and the cost, where to buy

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
296 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sound and light show in new delhi

Can you help more with your question? Which part (or monument) are you referring to?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
372 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sound and light show in new delhi

Yes, its a unique experience. Please do recheck the timings and place.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
372 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sound and light show in new delhi

Some more information. There are two shows, one at Red Fort (which is about its history) and second one at Purana Quila (that talks about history of Delhi). Depending upon your interest and taste you can chose one. I was very impressed with Puarana Quila one additionally because of the setting. You can do an advance purchase on www.theashokgroup.com. Last I remember the price was Rs 80 per person. Enjoy the show.

queluz portugal
Level Contributor
113 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sound and light show in new delhi

Hi Janix500 your info would be extremely importance for me and its what I was looking forward from TA. But now Im back. Had no chance to see S&L shows, because the Hotel gives NO information on what is going up in Delhi!! A shame! Besides everything closes early, so at night I could see nothing. We even hireda tuk tuk to show us DELHI by night, we went to India Gate and Connaught at about 9.30 pm all was dark!!! Any way tks for your tip.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
372 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sound and light show in new delhi

I am sorry that you could not visit the S&L show. It is our loss in India. I wish I had seen your message earlier. Anyways, please do write about your trip. Have fun

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
579 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sound and light show in new delhi

For future reference...

S&L shows in Delhi are

1. Red fort (around 7PM) charges are 50-100 (not sure)

2. Akshardham Temple (Around 7PM) 100-200

3. Kingdom of dreams (IFCO chowk, gurgaun) Full day, not only S&L, but lot more amazing stuff.

All charges are in INR

Bangalore...
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: sound and light show in new delhi

Hi Paul,

Could you please elaborate on Kingdom of dreams? I would like to know if its worth spending a day or not.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
372 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sound and light show in new delhi

I would say half a day would be enough. Tie it up with one of the musical shows (on the lines of Broadway). Food is awesome. Photographic opportunities fantastic and shows are the best in India.

9. Re: sound and light show in new delhi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2014, 05:19